By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rising Star: LKS and muramasa selling well. LKS2 waiting to get greenlighte

-Little King's Story Wii Still Selling Well (in Europe)-

Rising Star Games has revealed that despite modest worldwide sales, Little King's Story is doing well in Europe. Talking in a recently published interview, Rising Star's Product Manager Yen Hau went on record to point out that as well as receiving high praise from all media sources, the game "is still selling well to this day, something which doesn't happen often to videogames." This will definitely come as fantastic news for fans of the game that were thrilled to hear a concept for a sequel is already in place and merely awaiting the greenlight, as mentioned in Cubed3's recent interview with Japanese publisher Marvelous Entertainment.

Below are some quotes from Yen Hau's interview, where Harvest Moon DS3 is confirmed for 2010, JU-ON met expectations and Muramasa: The Demon Blade overcame issues with GAME not stocking it in the UK and has "performed well so far"

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/13548

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

That's amazing. Good to hear they're pleased with the results.

Fuck yeah, Medium King's Story

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Apparently it's also being considered for DS.

http://meodia.com/news/547/little-kings-story-ds-is-being-considered/

Although, I think maybe RTS's should be left until a DS successor that can do the AI etc. well.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Great news, everybody!

Around the Network

Awesome stuff, I'm surprised good news for the wii existed this week.

Here is the point - I believe there are a lot more positive news for the Wii than people think/are lead to believe. I believe a lot more of the games called flops this last year (especially by Wii detractors, but even sometimes by Wii lovers) actually did or will do reasonably well, as far as the developers are concerned. A lot of the negativity is spread around by Wii detractors, that hang on to every tidbit and word said by somebody (sometimes a nobody), sometimes mistranslating, sometimes coaxing a seemingly negative pharse out of a generally positive interview, sometimes inventing a negative where there was none, taking it sometimes out of context and magnifying it by a factor of 1000.

Is everything perfect? No. But is everything as bad as some people make it seem? I believe not even close.

[added]All this "I believe" stuff is not because I am some optimistic fanboy, it is based on what I see - this is not even close to being the first time that after the furor has died down and all accusations have come and gone, there comes out a piece of information showing that the developer is actually ok with sales and there may be a sequel...[/added]

As to LKS2, if it is developed, the first thing that comes to mind (and I hope they will implement) is having motion controls this time, a la Pikmin NPC. This was a glaring ommission from LKS (imo).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:

Here is the point - I believe there are a lot more positive news for the Wii than people think/are lead to believe. I believe a lot more of the games called flops this last year (especially by Wii detractors, but even sometimes by Wii lovers) actually did or will do reasonably well, as far as the developers are concerned. A lot of the negativity is spread around by Wii detractors, that hang on to every tidbit and word said by somebody (sometimes a nobody), sometimes mistranslating, sometimes coaxing a seemingly negative pharse out of a generally positive interview, sometimes inventing a negative where there was none, taking it sometimes out of context and magnifying it by a factor of 1000.

Is everything perfect? No. But is everything as bad as some people make it seem? I believe not even close.

[added]All this "I believe" stuff is not because I am some optimistic fanboy, it is based on what I see - this is not even close to being the first time that after the furor has died down and all accusations have come and gone, there comes out a piece of information showing that the developer is actually ok with sales and there may be a sequel...[/added]

Yep, Wii games have nice long fine legs...

Todays flop will be next years success stories, well no all of them.

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

BrandonM said:
bmmb1 said:

Yep, Wii games have nice long fine legs...

Todays flop will be next years success stories, well no all of them.

It's not only a matter of legs (though that is part of it) - it's also a matter of what may not look like a success story even after all is said and done may actually be a success story, or at least justify a sequel, as far as the developer is concerned (due to development costs).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

I'm gonna kill myself if LKS2 comes only for the DS.
I already ordered Little Kings Story, but I still have so many games to play (FFX, Punch Out Wii, Persona 4, Wario Land Wii..)

Take a look at my photos on flickr