By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII is 32.6GB of movies and just 6.8GB of actual game content

I thought it was confirmed that cutscenes on the PS3 version were 1920x1080?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

Really? I thought that they were in the same visual resolution than the rest of the game, maybe I'm wrong.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

WoW....and no wonder its being hailed as linier, ah well might pick it up when its dirt cheap.

Well now we can put to rest the stupid notion that the ps3 version was gimped because of the xbox360.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Final Gear Solid: Fantasy?

I keed, I keed.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

That was speculation.

Xen said:
Dgc1808 said:

That was speculation.

Damnit...

4 ≈ One

So what? Those movies are in high definition which means they will be occupying a lot of disk space.

What it DOESN'T mean is that the game sucks, or by the same account, that it is brilliant, for only using up 6.8 GB. That's a very limited thought process.

Past Final Fantasies of the PS 1 and 2 era also used a lot of disk space for their movies and nobody complained, quite the conrtary.

It's about high fucking time people stop pissing all over Final Fantasy just because the JRPG era is over and all they want now is shooter-o-rama.

Spedfrom said:
So what? Those movies are in high definition which means they will be occupying a lot of disk space.

What it DOESN'T mean is that the game sucks, or by the same account, that it is brilliant, for only using up 6.8 GB. That's a very limited thought process.

Past Final Fantasies of the PS 1 and 2 era also used a lot of disk space for their movies and nobody complained, quite the conrtary.

It's about high fucking time people stop pissing all over Final Fantasy just because the JRPG era is over and all they want now is shooter-o-rama.

QFT

I think that people are over exaggerating with FFXIII. How many space does the cutscenes in any HD WRPG occupy in the game as well? I think that people are just doing this to get a rise over JRPGs, exactly for what you just said. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Wow, only 6.8 GB of data (the size of a Xbox 360 disc) out of 40 GB in total? I knew this would happen. If game developers stopped their lovefest with cinematics (maybe I'm just old but after over a decade, they don't impress me anymore) then we might probably be able to switch to flash cards as a storage medium for home console games in the near future when flash gets cheap enough. Which would be my wish. I'm not a fan of optical media. Optical drives are behind the cause of lower console lifespans, flash runs a lot cooler, faster loading with flash, flash is more reliable, etc. Blu-Ray only encourages more and more "is this a movie or a game ffs?" scenarios like this. Crysis in-game graphics are amazing and superior to what's available on consoles and that is only on one DVD right? You don't need to use that much space to deliver a Next Gen experience.

And lestat good point, wrpgs are guilty too of this. Mass Effect 2 is on 2 DVDs and that is no doubt due to cinematics.