By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NPD Analysis: How to Sell a Wii Game

"Continuous innovation, while very cool, is too expensive and risky."

So are going for the flashiest graphics possible. They just don't want to admit that because they want to make flashy graphics and they don't want to innovate.

I know how it feels to resist something I don't want to do, and quite often it was my own problem, not the situation I didn't want.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

"Yet a lot of the big sellers are already sequels to last gen games..."

The expanded audience largely wasn't there last gen.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

He's ideas make perfect sense. What most of you are not taking into account. The Wii mote decides on what kind of experience gamers are getting. So if sequel has you doing the same waggle you were doing in part 1. New Wii gamers are more likely to stick with that older game. The content it self doesn't matter. The new Wii audience cares about the experience. Take Mario Kart the first Wii wheel game, Wii Fit first exercise game, and now Just Dance. A very new dancing experience for Wii. If you can't do something with the Wiimote. That makes it worth upgrading. The new Wii audience will not care about it.

That's why Wii Sports Resort is selling well and Wii Fit Plus not as good. Motion Plus make Resorts a new experience to Wii Sports. Wii Fit Plus is just Wii Fit with more modes. You can't do what you can do in Sports compared to Resort. Yet you can do everything in Fit you can in Fit Plus.

The New Wii audience has a fresh view of gaming. They have not been brainwashed like the pro gamers aka core. For all the past years.
How many of you have bought Madden, Street Fighter, and other games. Year after year only to get a few new characters of a new gameplay gimmick. A true Sequel is a continuation by number or plot. Yet is a totally new experience. Resident 3 to 4 to 5. Yes they are sequels, but are totally different games. Wii Gamers don't want Mega Mans, Street Fighters, and Madden. The same thing only with minor upgrades or changes. Adding modes, characters, and items. That could have been in the first is not going to cut it.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

TheWon said:

He's ideas make perfect sense. What most of you are not taking into account. The Wii mote decides on what kind of experience gamers are getting. So if sequel has you doing the same waggle you were doing in part 1. New Wii gamers are more likely to stick with that older game. The content it self doesn't matter. The new Wii audience cares about the experience. Take Mario Kart the first Wii wheel game, Wii Fit first exercise game, and now Just Dance. A very new dancing experience for Wii. If you can't do something with the Wiimote. That makes it worth upgrading. The new Wii audience will not care about it.

That's why Wii Sports Resort is selling well and Wii Fit Plus not as good. Motion Plus make Resorts a new experience to Wii Sports. Wii Fit Plus is just Wii Fit with more modes. You can't do what you can do in Sports compared to Resort. Yet you can do everything in Fit you can in Fit Plus.

The New Wii audience has a fresh view of gaming. They have not been brainwashed like the pro gamers aka core. For all the past years.
How many of you have bought Madden, Street Fighter, and other games. Year after year only to get a few new characters of a new gameplay gimmick. A true Sequel is a continuation by number or plot. Yet is a totally new experience. Resident 3 to 4 to 5. Yes they are sequels, but are totally different games. Wii Gamers don't want Mega Mans, Street Fighters, and Madden. The same thing only with minor upgrades or changes. Adding modes, characters, and items. That could have been in the first is not going to cut it.

Also relates to content. "Game 2" doesn't obviously have anything over "Game 1", nor would "Game 2010" over "Game 2009". Even adding "Game: Bash Party" isn't enough. There has to be something obviously new. Don't know if "Game: Vice City" would be enough (in terms of new content, not violence), but it's not something developers seem to be trying.

I couldn't agree more. This is the resons why I think NSMBW is the worst of the 3 legendary 2-D mario platformers,(SMW and SMB 3,NSMBW) A better version pf somthing doesn't mean its better, It means you should've done that the FIRST time! You etheir make a game that feels diffrent or don't make one so close to each other.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Based on what I just wrote, I seriously advise Ubisoft to give Red Steel 2 a new name. Something like Wild West Steel, or Cowboy Blade, just anything.