By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is the best for hardcore gamers?

Which console is the best for hardcore gamers?

PS3 129 42.16%

Xbox 360 63 20.59%

PC 49 16.01%

Nintendo Wii 65 21.24%

Total:306

If PC counts; PC, no question.

Around the Network

Mac

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Ps3:

Better Exclusive games, full compatibility with PS1. Free Multiplayer and trophies.

PC, there's just no competition if you want depth and scope in a game. Everything else is for babies.

Wii is most pure fun, and PS3 is a great middle ground between hardcore and pure fun.

But if you just want pure hardcore there's really only 1 choice: PC. It's like who is the toughest in a fist fight: a little giggling baby, a 5 year old with 1 leg, or a Navy SEAL.

depends how you define a "hardcore" gamer...

Around the Network

Voted PS3 becuase of the games library. I feel it's the one with more variety thanks to good shooters (KZ2, MW2), platformers (LBP, R&C), and prospects (GoW 3, GT5).

What on Earth is a "hardcore gamer"? Apples have hard cores. So an Apple gamer would choose the iPhone, which isn't even an option.

What a strange poll.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
What on Earth is a "hardcore gamer"? Apples have hard cores. So an Apple gamer would choose the iPhone, which isn't even an option.

What a strange poll.

well i dont think iphone is considered a console now is it?

Ghazi4 said:
Kantor said:

What a strange poll.

well i dont think iphone is considered a console now is it?

True.

But if you're counting PC, I suppose you'd have to count Mac?

I suppose, of the big three, the Wii would be most similar to the iPhone. But still pretty different.

To be less difficult, I suppose it would be PC. But PC isn't a console, so it would be a tie between PS360 (assuming that your definition of "hardcore" is "elitist casual", rather than "willing to play games of any genre based on their own merits and not the amount of violence or gore". But I suppose I'll vote PC.

EDIT: Actually, for the latter definition, PC would be the best.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i'd say ps3, simple because although it doesnt have as many games as the xbox360 does (360 was out a year before the ps3). The ps3 has a bigger variety of games and better exclusives. It also has Demon Souls which is as hardcore as they come.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website