" />" /> " />" /> " />" /> " />" />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsunoko VS Capcom commercial

I liked that commercial... GOD the 26th I will be split.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Tayne said:
Very nice commercial. Now where's that NMH 2 commercial.

I doubt that is coming any time soon - if at all.

If there is none, Ubisoft needs to be shot up the ass! All you would have to do is the delay the game to feb 11th or so. Run a commercial during the superbowl, especially the football guy. Run 2, 30 second spots at $5,000,000 and I guarantee a million selling title, The extra sales will easily warrant the commercial. Its so simple its stupid.

Hisiru said:
dampowell said:
I was wondering where this commercial will be running. That is the most important Factor. Running it on Hulu with funimation/anime products would be a good start. Running it on primetime during heroes and fringe would also be an interesting sell. Product placement is key. Running it on Cartoon Network at 2:45 is not gonna helo anyone.

Exactly what I was going to say!

Not enough gameplay but it's a good commercial.

They say it will be running the commercial next monday on Syfy, USA and Adult Swim

Source

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Exblackman said:
Hisiru said:
dampowell said:
I was wondering where this commercial will be running. That is the most important Factor. Running it on Hulu with funimation/anime products would be a good start. Running it on primetime during heroes and fringe would also be an interesting sell. Product placement is key. Running it on Cartoon Network at 2:45 is not gonna helo anyone.

Exactly what I was going to say!

Not enough gameplay but it's a good commercial.

They say it will be running the commercial next monday on Syfy, USA and Adult Swim

Source

Just those? That had better not be the full extent, especially since Adult Swim was the time slot we mean is a bad time.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@Exblackman
Thanks for the info.

I agree with LordTheNightKnight, Adult Swim is a bad time.

Around the Network
Hisiru said:
@Exblackman
Thanks for the info.

I agree with LordTheNightKnight, Adult Swim is a bad time.

This is just a guess but looking at demographics for the channels listed in the narticle, I expect the commercial to be aired also Comedy Central,Spike and G4tv....they also have similiar demographics to the already mention channels.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

I agree as well the placement for the commercial will be important. It can't be at midnight either. It needs to be on primetime show where kids and young adults will see it as they will the be the primary ones interested in the game. Sure others might be as well but you have to try to go for the most likely buyers. Cartoon Network, SyFy (formerly the SciFi Channel), Disney XD, Anime stations, ABC Family, Saturday and weekday morning and weekday afternoon cartoon line ups, G4TV, and during sports games if possible. Locations like that. Adult Swim and South Park for example are the wrong spots and that's where Sega screwed up when it came to their The Conduit ads. Advertising is important but what is also important is where and when you place the ads. You can't simply throw them anywhere.

I wonder if anybody even mentioned that Nintendo World Store is holding a promotional event for the game about three days prior to release date. The last time I saw a push like this for a third-party title was with Muramasa, and that went on to have decent if unspectacular sales. Maybe an event like this will help give the game some recognition.

If nothing else, 2010 should be a year where Nintendo steps in to convince third-parties that they CAN have hits on the Wii. They're doing it with MH3, and that they're doing it with this one has some hope (although I'm backing away from that).

Like said before, which channels this will be placed on will be important. I'm glad its getting advertised, but it is useless if not placed properly.

The commercial is OK. The action figure thing might send the wrong message initially but appeals to a wider demographic because of it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Looking back I don't like the commercial. It looks like a Robot Chicken episode and only has what 5 seconds of it actually showing what the game looks like and how it even plays. Bad. :(