By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo could buy EA when they're near Bankruptcy!

Bamboleo said:

Wasn't it awesome? Nintendo as a shitload of money, EA is going the wrong way and bankruptcy is possible.

Just for the sports titles it would justify the purchase!!! NFL and NBA exclusive of one console would secure the north american market.

Also The Sims would be a big hit in an exclusive form on a Nintendo console.

Maybe Crysis could be a new exclusive IP?

I'm pretty shure Nintendo has the money for this, now EA only needs to do some little more HD mistakes and some more Wii casual and "stylized design" failures and voilá...

Crysis? How would/could that possibly work?

Oops, just read a lil more and i see people have already been on about this. My bad.

Around the Network

Why buy a dying company?

Wait for them to declare bankruptcy, let the good companies break off to get off the dying boat and let Nintendo (or any other company) buy/offer to buy them. I'm talking companies like Maxis, BioWare, Dice, etc. If EA really does go bankrupt, this should happen.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

wick said:
Grey21 said:
BrandonM said:
Grey21 said:
Most of EA's franchises don't fit with Nintendo, I would rather see Microsoft buy them because they would keep games like the Sims on the PC (windows 7 exclusive ocfourse). Nintendo is doing great this gen but we shouldnt forget that they almost bit the dust lastgen. It's a gimmick that kept them going this gen. If they fail to deliver something new and shiny next time then they need their money to not go bankrupt themselves so it's better to play it save.

EA under MS would be an automatic bankrupt, because MS games only carry so much weight, and letssser..er wait did you just say Nintendo almost bit the dust last gen? While making profits off bought GC and GB, and you refered to Nintendo IS A GIMMICK....wooooooow...

I fail to see how EA as a part of MS could go bankrupt, not that it really matters because EA won't allow themselves to be bought by any of the three console makers, they are far too happy selling everything multiplat.

Nintendo's gamecube was a failure, even the original xbox outsold it. The Wii's only strength over it's predecessor is the Wii-mote. Which is a gimmick as it isn't becomming the industries standard unlike the touchscreen on the DS. But whether or not you agree with it being a gimmick, the fact remains that it was the Wii-Mote brought them back to the top, and they need to come up with something new to stay there.

It made them more money than the Xbox did for Microsoft.

Well, yes, the GC made Nintendo billions or something.  And the Xbox lost MS billions or something.  But Nintendo expected to make billion and MS like expected to lose billions?  So as far as money is concerned, neither was a failure.  Xbox sold more consoles, though.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Dv8thwonder said:
You can't spell 'weak' without EA.

LOL good one. I should make a signature of that. Nintendo typically likes to absorb smaller devs like the earlier person said. Sure, grasshopper manufacture doesn't necessarily work exclusively for nintendo, but no more heroes was good enough that shiggy could have made it.

That said Treasure is and awesome game studio and the fact that it is owned by nintendo doesn't make it feel like nintendo has terrible third party support. At least that is how i feel.. To me the only studio that really feels like first party nintendo is EAD.

My name is blubeard because rosie has a blue beard. Just not on her chest.

Lol ,why would Nintendo do this? Nintendo's a company, fixated on maximizing profits, like every other company ever. Why would they want to acquire a company that was until quite recently arguably the biggest 3rd party developer on this planet but has in the span of a few years managed to almost destroy itself? It would cost Nintendo a truckload of money to buy EA, and then they'd need to pump insane amounts of resources into the company to get it rolling again as well, without ANY guarantees of success whatsoever. Look @ the whole Microsoft and Rare thing, and all the good that did them.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
amp316 said:
But Nintendo's studios (1st or 2nd party) usually put out only top of the line games. Where would Boom Blox or Nascar Kart Racing fit into that picture?

Your Boom Blox hate is legendary amp, but it is in unhealthy and may cause cancer.

Are you telling me that I quit smoking for no reason?

You learn something new every day.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

FreeTalkLive said:
wick said:
Grey21 said:
BrandonM said:
Grey21 said:
Most of EA's franchises don't fit with Nintendo, I would rather see Microsoft buy them because they would keep games like the Sims on the PC (windows 7 exclusive ocfourse). Nintendo is doing great this gen but we shouldnt forget that they almost bit the dust lastgen. It's a gimmick that kept them going this gen. If they fail to deliver something new and shiny next time then they need their money to not go bankrupt themselves so it's better to play it save.

EA under MS would be an automatic bankrupt, because MS games only carry so much weight, and letssser..er wait did you just say Nintendo almost bit the dust last gen? While making profits off bought GC and GB, and you refered to Nintendo IS A GIMMICK....wooooooow...

I fail to see how EA as a part of MS could go bankrupt, not that it really matters because EA won't allow themselves to be bought by any of the three console makers, they are far too happy selling everything multiplat.

Nintendo's gamecube was a failure, even the original xbox outsold it. The Wii's only strength over it's predecessor is the Wii-mote. Which is a gimmick as it isn't becomming the industries standard unlike the touchscreen on the DS. But whether or not you agree with it being a gimmick, the fact remains that it was the Wii-Mote brought them back to the top, and they need to come up with something new to stay there.

It made them more money than the Xbox did for Microsoft.

Well, yes, the GC made Nintendo billions or something.  And the Xbox lost MS billions or something.  But Nintendo expected to make billion and MS like expected to lose billions?  So as far as money is concerned, neither was a failure.  Xbox sold more consoles, though.

After looking at your Xbox comment I now see why the industry is dying:'(

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Nintendo buying EA? Isn't that like buying the Titanic after it hit the iceberg? :P

I'd rather see Nintendo working more with, or acquiring smaller studios.

Companies that need to die:

EA - Ninja Reflex alone is worth them being closed but their latest efforts on Wii leave much to be desired. Neeed for Speed Nitro (no online?) and Dead Space Extraction (content is perfect, gameplay is lacking). Just say no to on-rail shooters!

Ubisoft- FarCry Vengeance

That is all

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Dv8thwonder said:
Companies that need to die:

EA - Ninja Reflex alone is worth them being closed but their latest efforts on Wii leave much to be desired. Neeed for Speed Nitro (no online?) and Dead Space Extraction (content is perfect, gameplay is lacking). Just say no to on-rail shooters!

Ubisoft- FarCry Vengeance

That is all

When we all found out DS:E was on-rails the hype fell to the bowls of Hell

and EA saw It coming a mile away, why else would they try to keep the whole

first person GE thing a secret, I say burn EA burn:D

Gaming make me feel GOOD!