By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo could buy EA when they're near Bankruptcy!

Dv8thwonder said:
EA - Ninja Reflex alone is worth them being closed but their latest efforts on Wii leave much to be desired. Neeed for Speed Nitro (no online?) and Dead Space Extraction (content is perfect, gameplay is lacking). Just say no to on-rail shooters!

I liked Ninja Reflex.  I paid about $11 (I don't think it was worth more than $20) for it new and thought it was well worth the money.  Too bad someone stole it from me :(

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

Single console maker buys EA and then if EA decides to have the game on only one console, look for the NFL exclusive license to be gone. So, that is a good thing.

So is all of that talk about EA possibly coming out with it's own console about a year ago dead now?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The main reason Nintendo would buy EA is because they can (1) restructure the company to make it NOT bleed money, (2) obtain all of their IPs, (3) obtain all of their talented developers and put them to good/better use.

Point #2 is the biggest.

Buying out a company that's facing financial issues has for decades (centuries?) been a major business strategy. If there's a possibility that the company can make money via a little restructuring, or that company owns something very valuable to your own, then it's VERY common to buy out the "flailing", "dying" company.

It's like buying the Titanic after it's hit the iceberg... because the ship's hull is made of gold encrusted with diamonds. YEAH it failed, that's fine, but it's still potentially worth a crapton.

SW-5120-1900-6153