By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Once ads start to kick off for Wii U, watch MonHun and NSMB go through the roof.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Has someone kept track of (or has) 3DS and Vita SW preorder data before they launched? Because I don't think comparing preorders for a system that will be released to ones that have been out for a while really paints an accurate picture. There may be a lot of people more interested that aren't preordering.

I don't have much time so I only bothered searching for the 3DS.

Look what I found :)

Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Rankings as of February 24, 2011

3DS titles

[3DS] Professor Layton and the miracle mask --- 189pt
[3DS] Street Fighter IV 3D EDITION --- 61pt
[3DS] Samurai Warriors Chronicle --- 58pt
[3DS] nintendogs cats Shiba & New Friends --- 40pt
[3DS] Ridge Racer 3D --- 37pt
[3DS] Winning Eleven 3DSoccer 3D Soccer Winning Eleven --- 32pt

I hope Super Street Fighter IV has a great success and ends up outselling the HD editions. It's extremely important for Nintendo to have Capcom fully on board and let their games succeed on the platform.

Why would it be so important?

You aren't hoping for Monster Hunter on the 3DS are you? -.-

But, there is a strange difference with the weekly numbers, and Layton.

Rank aggregation period: February 21, 2011 - 27 February 2011

4. [3DS] Professor Layton and the miracle mask - 139pt

10. [3DS] Samurai Warriors Chronicle - 80pt

13. [3DS] Super Street Fighter IV 3D EDITION - 67pt

19. [3DS] Ridge Racer 3D - 39pt

20. [3DS] nintendogs cats toy poodle & New Friends - 36pt

Anywho, thats what I found.

Soriku said:

Has someone kept track of (or has) 3DS and Vita SW preorder data before they launched? Because I don't think comparing preorders for a system that will be released to ones that have been out for a while really paints an accurate picture. There may be a lot of people more interested that aren't preordering.

More than that, why would you buy MH3U if there's a bundle with the system itself and they're launched in the same day? Of course that bundle is not tracked by COMG...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Ha, PES. PSP, boo (though, the chart is looking a little sparse on PSP games compared to how it's been in the past, lol!)

Anyway, a lot of minus 1's these days, boo. Very nice day for Xillia & AC though.

Also thanks for the weekly ranking Boutros. Resi 6 holding surprisingly well. Legend of Heroes for Vita seems to have done alright across 2 versions, nothing too great though. Pretty poor showing for Little Battlers on the console though, guess everyone is still buying it for PSP!

Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Rankings as of February 24, 2011

3DS titles

[3DS] Professor Layton and the miracle mask --- 189pt
[3DS] Street Fighter IV 3D EDITION --- 61pt
[3DS] Samurai Warriors Chronicle --- 58pt
[3DS] nintendogs cats Shiba & New Friends --- 40pt
[3DS] Ridge Racer 3D --- 37pt
[3DS] Winning Eleven 3DSoccer 3D Soccer Winning Eleven --- 32pt

I hope Super Street Fighter IV has a great success and ends up outselling the HD editions. It's extremely important for Nintendo to have Capcom fully on board and let their games succeed on the platform.

Why would it be so important?

You aren't hoping for Monster Hunter on the 3DS are you? -.-

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I haven't realise how popular Animal Crossing is before this !! ... Also great boost for Xillia 2!
But what I still can't understand is why do Japanese still buy games for PSP instead of having them on the vita ?!

SnowPrince said:
But what I still can't understand is why do Japanese still buy games for PSP instead of having them on the vita ?!

The PSP is getting more games than the VIta is, so why bother even getting a VIta? This means that developers have less reason to make Vita games, meaning that the PSP gets more games than the Vita. It's a vicious cycle.

Usually, some big game will push people to a new platform. For the DS, it was Nintendogs, Brain Age, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart circa 2005 that got the ball rolling. For the PSP, it was Monster Hunter Freedom games in 2007 and 2008.For the Wii, it was casual motion and peripheral games from 06 and 07 like Wii Sports, Mario Party, and Wii Fit. And for the PS3, it was FInal Fantasy 13 in 2009. Other games like 2D Marios, Pokemons, and Dragon Quests helped, but they were released on platforms that were already moving, and mostly kept momentum instead of creating it.

Unfortuantely for Sony, there really haven't been any of those games for the VIta yet. Soul Sacrifice might become one, but that's all I see on the horizon in Japan. And unfortuantely, most of the big existing series in Japan nowadays are either owned by Nintendo or already have homes on non-Vita platforms.

Still, all is not lost for the Vita in Japan. Games like Soul Sacrifice may very well be the next Monster Hunter, and there are a number of franchises that will likely find their way onto the Vita. Final Fantasy X HD has already been announced, a Resident Evil game, either original or a port of 4/5, is possible, Metal Gear Solid already has a presence, and Monster Hunter will not necessarily be 3DS-exclusive forever, although the likelihood of an imminent Vita port is low. That said, it's sad that none of these games come from Sony themselves.

Love and tolerate.

“No he contado ni la mitad de lo que vi...” Marco Polo

Big increase for Xillia 2 and a noticeable increase for Animal Crossing again.

Monster Hunter decreased by another point again.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Big increase for Xillia 2 and a noticeable increase for Animal Crossing again.

Monster Hunter decreased by another point again.

Actually, today Animal Crossing did a big 0

Maybe they stopped taking pre-orders or something.