By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

imran_nxt said:
looking at the points table, i dnt see it opening more than 250k fw in japan, but things can certainly change if the hardcore MGS fans buy it first day :)

i m not sure the point table is a good indicator of the first week sales.. it just gives a range

i remember that last DQ had around 1000 point just before launch and it opened to 1M

and God Eater had around 600 points and it launched to around 300k

so 1 point is anywhere around 500 to 1000 sales in my view.

SO if MGS PW gets around 450 - 500 pts it can open anywhere near 250k to 450k. n i think it will be around 400k

Around the Network
Noobie said:
imran_nxt said:
looking at the points table, i dnt see it opening more than 250k fw in japan, but things can certainly change if the hardcore MGS fans buy it first day :)

i m not sure the point table is a good indicator of the first week sales.. it just gives a range

i remember that last DQ had around 1000 point just before launch and it opened to 1M

SO if MGS PW gets around 450 - 500 pts it can open anywhere near 250k to 450k. n i think it will be around 400k

I know it gives a range and is not a 1:1 indicator for sales. what i meant was that 250k seems right with around 2/3 weeks left for release, taking into account the current preorder rates and also an additional bump from the first day MGS hardcore crowd. Hope I am wrong abt this and it gets better sales for the PSP.. What I am worried about is its western sales given the PSP's software sales as of late..

imran_nxt said:
Noobie said:
imran_nxt said:

I know it gives a range and is not a 1:1 indicator for sales. what i meant was that 250k seems right with around 2/3 weeks left for release, taking into account the current preorder rates and also an additional bump from the first day MGS hardcore crowd. Hope I am wrong abt this and it gets better sales for the PSP.. What I am worried about is its western sales given the PSP's software sales as of late..

its already around 250pts.. n as i said it will reach 400+ pts by launch date... so the lower limit is 250k n i think upper limit can be 400k

Noobie said:
imran_nxt said:
Noobie said:
imran_nxt said:

its already around 250pts.. n as i said it will reach 400+ pts by launch date... so the lower limit is 250k n i think upper limit can be 400k

well, I am predicting a modest 200-250k. Do they have any special bundles for launch in japan?if so,then it might do a bit more depending on the quantity of those.. 

To be honest MGS:PW is pretty low. God Eater actually had 700 points and did only around 300k for first week. Sure, DQ had better points:sales ratio but MGS:PW is a PSP game not DS and it probably will be closer to other PSP games than DS. I think it has a just over 2 weeks to relase date. It can still achive quite high numbers.

Also no other game except Monster Hunters have sold more than 1 milion on PSP in Japan so its not an easy task for any game except one Capcom series.

Around the Network
Noobie said:
imran_nxt said:

Actualy the range of the point system isn't this big. It's just about pre orders, and as we now pre orders isn't the same as first week sales. So in your Example, DQ sold just a lot more units in the stores than God Eater.

kamil said:
To be honest MGS:PW is pretty low. God Eater actually had 700 points and did only around 300k for first week. Sure, DQ had better points:sales ratio but MGS:PW is a PSP game not DS and it probably will be closer to other PSP games than DS. I think it has a just over 2 weeks to relase date. It can still achive quite high numbers.

Also no other game except Monster Hunters have sold more than 1 milion on PSP in Japan so its not an easy task for any game except one Capcom series.

i think based on one game we cannot make a statement.. i think God eater has some sort of demo also which might have negatively effected the sales.. plus it was a new IP, so u cannot make a judgment based on it.. I think DQ & MGS both are well established IPs, so i m expecting for better ratio than God Eater ratio.

Can MGS PW sell 500k lifetime?

MGS4 got to 770k.

Dissidia 910k

Kingdom Hearts BBS 740k

MGS PO 380k

MGS PW does have that Monster Hunter stuff thatll probably help it, i hope it sells 2 million worldwide.

Noobie said:
kamil said:

i think based on one game we cannot make a statement.. i think God eater has some sort of demo also which might have negatively effected the sales.. plus it was a new IP, so u cannot make a judgment based on it.. I think DQ & MGS both are well established IPs, so i m expecting for better ratio than God Eater ratio.

I though that would help it on its FW sales because is a new IP so people would be less likely to preorder it than a game froma a established IP

Noobie said:
kamil said:

Of course there are many factors and we cannot be sure with our predictions. 

Reactions for God Eater demo were mostly positive so I don't think it affected the sales negatively (most likely the opposite is true). The fact that God Eater is a new IP also should have worked well for sales:points ratio. You rather expect established IPs to have stronger preorders while new IPs enjoy better legs.

I try to find some data for other big PSP games later so we can compare it to PW.