By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God OF War 3 US BOX ART!! -- One of the BEST Box Arts Ever!

BladeOfGod said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Can a box art EVER HYPE YOU FOR GAME?

oh yes it can

{darth officially hyped for GOW3}

puts FF XIII box art to shame, doesnt it darth?

It puts ANY OTHER box art to shame, even MGS one & so many other good one's

its a perfect blend, this box art, great work from them

when the rumored one has just kratos's face or was it an eye I was disappointed

but they went all out.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Win.

If this isn't the EU cover as well, screw SCEE, i'm importing!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

same here

Damn. Now that's sexy.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

we'll probably get something lame like this:

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

wow that does look sick !

Check out my game about moles ^

It's pretty cool, especially if looking "bad ass" is your thing. But, I mean, it's not really deserving of all this hyperbolic praise you're flooding it with. Nice, sure, but also almost obnoxiously flashy.

Imagine this as, say, the cover of an album or a book. It's too willingly catering to they type of people who only play God of War because Kratos is a hulking, angry monster and because of the excessive brutality in the games. This is the kind of box art that contributes to the world-at-large viewing games as a juvenile, visceral past time.

For reference, I'm a huge God of War fan; I'm just not that big a fan of this kind of box art.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

EPIC

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

OMG that is awesome! Here's hoping that it is official and that the EU boxart is at least on par with this one