By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Million Sellers Club of 2010

I'll give it a look through.  I'll break it down kinda like you did.

No longer selling or won't make it:

Rock Band
Prototype
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Battlefield: Bad Company
Singstar
Valkyrie Chronicles
Dragon Age: Origins
MAG: Massive Action Game
Yakuza 3
Super Street Fighter IV
BioShock 2
Just Cause 2
Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage
Vanquish
Rock Band 3
Darksiders
Eyepet

Might make it to 1 million:

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
Sports Champions
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Definitly will make it to 1 million:

Rock Band 2
Madden NFL 2010
Medal Of Honor
Fallout: New Vegas
Gran Turismo 5
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Little Big Planet 2
FIFA 2011

By my count, 15 is a good number.  18 the high end.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

I'll give it a look through.  I'll break it down kinda like you did.

No longer selling or won't make it:

Rock Band
Prototype
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Battlefield: Bad Company
Singstar
Valkyrie Chronicles
Dragon Age: Origins
MAG: Massive Action Game
Yakuza 3
Super Street Fighter IV
BioShock 2
Just Cause 2
Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage
Vanquish
Rock Band 3
Darksiders
Eyepet

Might make it to 1 million:

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
Sports Champions
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Definitly will make it to 1 million:

Rock Band 2
Madden NFL 2010
Medal Of Honor
Fallout: New Vegas
Gran Turismo 5
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Little Big Planet 2
FIFA 2011

By my count, 15 is a good number.  18 the high end.

Tsk tsk. Most of the games you've listed are still selling and will make it for sure.

All the games in your "Might make it to 1 million" are sure to do it (except Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, I'm not sure). What makes you think otherwise?

We'll just have to wait and see but I think my prediction is interesting.

What the heck? Actual discussion about potential million selles in my thread?! I don't believe it!

Anywho, expect another update today. I'll be adding The Beatles: Rock Band to the 360 list, which makes it so that each console is within one million seller of each other. Very interesting things going on with the holiday season coming closer and closer. Should be fun to watch what happens.

I'll try and make a list for each console/handheld pretty soon. Look out for it. ^_^

EDIT 1: Oh man, my DS page blew up.

EDIT 2: Hmmm... it seems that stickied topics don't appear in the Hot Topic Section...

Boutros said:

Tsk tsk. Most of the games you've listed are still selling and will make it for sure.

All the games in your "Might make it to 1 million" are sure to do it (except Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, I'm not sure). What makes you think otherwise?

We'll just have to wait and see but I think my prediction is interesting.

Not by the end of the year they won't.  You have games listed selling less than 5k per week needing well over 100k to go.  With just 13 weeks left, that's only 65k.  And they'll drop lower as the weeks go on up until the last week of November.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Week Thirty-Three! (Week of Beatles-Mania!)

Overall:

• Zzzz...

360:

• Million Sellers:
    • The Beatles: Rock Band (360's 100th Million Seller!)

DS:

• Top Ten:
    • Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (10th)
    • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Out)

Wii:

• Top Ten:
    • Wii Party (10th)
    • Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Out)

PS3:

• Top Ten:
    • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (9th)

PSP:

• Snore...

Around the Network

"360:

• Million Sellers:
    • The Beatles: Rock Band (360's 100th Million Seller!)"

Lies! It's not even at 98 yet

Seece said:

"360:

• Million Sellers:
    • The Beatles: Rock Band (360's 100th Million Seller!)"

Lies! It's not even at 98 yet

Well, truth be told... I'm pretty lazy (and impatient) when it comes to games hitting the million mark, so when the total marker (which rounds up...) says it hits 1.00 million, it goes into the club.

But I would expect this type of comment coming from you Seece. What do you have against the 360 anyways? Meanie head!

Okay... so the summer is quickly fading away and the Fall season is upon us... which means that that people are finally getting back into their homes and doing what they should have been doing all along: playing video games!

As the holiday season draws near as well, lets look at the number of games with the potential to hit a million during this year.

NOTE: This is obviously my opinion. There's no real way to know until the games are released and selling into the holiday season.

Xbox 360:

• Already Released and Obvious:
    • Madden NFL 11 (already at 700k on week 2.)
  • Already Released and Questionable:
    • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (It's at 930k and selling 3.6k a week. Holiday sales could boost it to a million this year.)
    • Alan Wake (at 670k and selling 10k a week. Definitely has the chance to hit the million mark this year.)
    • UFC Undisputed 2010 (at 640k and selling around 10,000 a week. The first was hugely popular, let's see if the holidays will be kinder to the sequel.)
    • Crackdown 2 (at 580k and selling 10k a week. Still, it's not looking good, as the game is only on its 7th week of sales. Some big legs are needed to help this game along).
  • Not Yet Released and Obvious:
    • Halo: Reach (will hit a million on launch night... and then some.)
    • Fable III (Releasing in October, the game has plenty of time to hit the million mark this year.)
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Another high profile game from the CoD franchise.)
    • FIFA Soccer 11 (10 passed 1 million with the greatest of ease, and I think 11 will do the same.)
    • Fallout: New Vegas (Fallout 3 sold more than 3 million on the 360, and this one will hit a million this year no sweat)
    • Medal of Honor (Another high profile FPS franchise shouldn't have trouble hitting a million on the 360, especiall with its popular "Modern Warfare" setting.)
    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (I don't think the game will have as great sales as either of the previous AC titles, but it will still sell very well.)
    • Kinect Adventures (Being bundled with Kinect will help greatly with this games sales.)
    • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (I dont' think it'll do as well as the first Unleashed game, but it'll still sell over a million during this year.)
    • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Shift did it, Forza 3 did it, and HP will do it too.)
  • Not Yet Released and Questionable:
    • Dead Rising 2 (The first has sold 1.7 million copies. Now that 2 is multiplatform, will this affect its ability to sell a million in 2010?
    • Rock Band 3 (The Beatles took around a year to hit a million, so I doubt that even a numbered Rock Band will hit a million this year alone.)
    • Dance Central (All depends on how well Kinect does)
    • Kinect Sports (All depends on how well Kinect does)

I'll do the rest at a later time.

Wii:

• Already Released and Obvious
    • Endless Ocean (It's been at .99 Million for a long while, and still selling a few hundred units weekly... it's only a matter of time.)
    • Sonic SuperStars Tennis (It's another title that's been at .99 Million for a while, and still selling around 600 units a week.)
    • Wario Land: Shake It! (It's at .98 Million and selling around 3,000 units a week.)
    • Toy Story Mania! (It's at .96 Million and selling 7.000 units a week.)
    • Disney Sing It: Pop Hits (It's at .95 Million and selling 5.500 units a week.)
    • Wii Party (It'll already at 800k in Japan alone. Easy one.)
  • Already Released,and Questionable
    • Rabbids Go Home (It's at .82 Million and selling 11k a week. Another game that will have to rely on a Holiday boost to get it past a million this year.)
    • Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (It's at 740k and selling 8k a week. Will have to get some holiday legs to hit a million this year.)
    • Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (It's at 600,000 and sold 20k this past week. Will holiday legs give it a boost?)
    • PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Big Adventure (Even though it's a Pokemon title, it hasn't sold very well in EMEAA. Hitting a million this  year (or at all) depends on how it does in the Americas this holiday.)
  • Not Yet Released and Obvious
    • Donkey Kong Country Returns (it's been put in NSMBW's place this holiday season,so Nintendo obviously has high hopes for the game. Should hit a million easily.)
    • Kirby's Epic Yarn (Even though it's not being released this year in Europe, Kirby is still big in Japan and the Americas.)
    • Epic Mickey (Disney is setting up this game to be a success, and I'd be very surprised if that didn't show this holiday season.)
  • Not Yet Released and Questionable
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Reflex hit a million the next year, but will Black Ops be a bigger release since it's not a late port?)
    • Metroid: Other M (Don't get mad... I really don't know how this game will sell! It's set up to have a pretty good NA opening... but how will it fare afterwards?)
    • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (The first one hit a million before the year ended, but can #2?)
    • Just Dance 2 (The first game, a huge hit, couldn't hit a million before the year ended. But will the first's hype give the sequel a bigger start?)
    • New Carnival Games (The first was all legs... and I think the second one will be too. Doubtful that it will hit a million this year... but it has the potential to.)

Got some more for the 360:

Likely:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (933,799) and 3k each week (with EMEEA sales probably 4-5k))
Tomb Raider Underworld (942,056)
Bully Scholarship Edition (932,561) does always good during the holidays

Maybe:

NCAA Football 10 (924,775)

(I wrote down the exact sales number so we can determinate the weekly sales more precisely)