By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy US sales predictions

Anyone counting the leaked copies from Best Buy?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network
takkxyz said:
Sorry, but what?

week 1 375k, life time +5 million

SMG is highly anticipatied but the wii relies on casual gamers that probably aren't holding their breath for launch.

300k first week and at least 50k for the following 3 weeks. lifetime around 5 million.

first week 600 - 700k

first month 1.5 million to 2
million

lifetime 7 million to 8 million

Around the Network

I think many people here are now predicting too low because of Japan. It seems like stores and the media will really push this game and there are a lot of great deals for it (I've seen one with a buy SMG and get a free $25 gift card). It really has the rest of the Holiday season on the Wii to itself as far as mega blockbusters go.

No way it'll reach 600,000 in its first week in my opinion. Im going for the 400,000 range.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Just_Ben said:
takkxyz said:
Sorry, but what?
Some Best Buy apparently released early? I was trying to make a joke at the launch week being whenever you can get your hands on the game, sorry about the bad joke.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

It's a bit early to say that the Wii relies on casual games, since very few hardcore titles of any quality have been released so far. It hasn't really been established how large a portion of the user base is casual gamers attracted by the intuative interface, and how many are hardcore gamers either looking forward to Nintendo's first party games, or just bored/disinterested with the direction the other consoles are going in. Besides, Super Mario has always been incredibly easy for beginners to pick up, and Galaxy is probably the first game most casuals will try if they get interested in more "traditional" games.

Like what happened in Japan, I think Galaxy will have so so first week. I think many people are waiting to get a game like this for Xmas.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!