By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy US sales predictions

435,000 week one
1,158,000 month

i can't predict a cumulative BUT I think it will outsell Sunshine.

Around the Network

half a mil for week 1

I am going to be conservative on this after all the ruckus about the lackluster Japan launch.
1st day 75,000
1st week 150,000
End of this year 1.5 million.

lol Astrodust, SMG did way better than your predictions in Japan. America is bigger market generally. Im sticking with my conservative 400k first week.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I am not sure Japan is a good way to measure how things will go in the US. I mean, the tastes are quite different, although Mario is a title that should do well in both areas. My expectation is somewhere between 700k-1M first week and 1.5-2M first month.

Around the Network

1st week 350k
end of year 950k

some1 should make a sorted list of all our predictions so we can see who was nearest afterwards :)

40 million first day, anything less is an absolute failure =)

PS - I'm not setting anymore bars for this game, thats what got people disappointed last time.

To Each Man, Responsibility

FYI, ioi said in another thread:

Just an update - Galaxy will end up at 650-900k and Wii hardware will be 250-275k.

Charts will be updated later today when I have all the data.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

thanks for giving me those numbers NJ5! In all the other threads, people are saying that ioi said something in a thread, but nobody said how much or in which thread I can find it! Finally someone gave me the numbers

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Those are the revised and updated numbers, before he had said 350k for Wii hardware but he said that was just a guess ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957