By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Spiderman 3 blu-ray first week sales lower than Transformers HD-DVD 1st wee

what did dvd sell of both movies?
;D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Both movies were disappointing. Especially Spider Man 3!!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I saw this one coming, everyone I know, and critics alike, all went and saw this movie in the theatre, and came away pretty disappointed. I personally liked the movie, and bought the blu-ray version 2 days after it came out, but I thought it could have been better no doubt. Transformers is just by far one of the most entertaining movies to come out in a long time, for me, personally.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Why does everything have to turn into a Transformers vs. Spiderman 3 argument?

Transformers (Rotten Tomatoes): 56%

Spiderman 3 (Rotten Tomatoes): 62%

Neither are very good, but Spiderman 3 is the better movie.

Remember the scene in Transformers, where the robots are all standing on a hill watching the two humans make out on top of another transformer?

Well, that pretty much sums up my feelings about the movie. Unintentionally creepy at every turn, with almost no thought put into *WHY* something was happening on-screen, just that it was.

I mean, was there any purpose AT ALL to the hacker character? She did nothing relevant to the plot the entire movie, and took up a good 45 minutes of screen time doing all this nothing.

If you ask me, they should have cut down the first 2 hours of the movie to about 1 hour of *GOOD* plot and exposition. They could have kept the battle scenes the same (although, did the black transformer really have to die? I think not), and then it would have been a good 1:30 minute movie instead of a shitty 2:00 movie followed by a decent 30 minute fight scene.

And Re: Spiderman 3: As someone above said: Better than the first, not as good as the second.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Why does everything have to turn into a Transformers vs. Spiderman 3 argument?

Transformers (Rotten Tomatoes): 56%

Spiderman 3 (Rotten Tomatoes): 62%

Neither are very good, but Spiderman 3 is the better movie.

That doesn't prove anything half the negative transformers reviews are like this,

"Micheal Bay is the suckz and there fore transformers sucks" or "IT'S BASED ON TOYS AND THEREFORE STUPID", or "It's a pro war, capitalist, mind control film" and there are even reviews that are positive that rottentomatoes listed as negative. plus I'm sure a quarter of the negative reviews are because of people liking Go-bots

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spiderman 3 sucked. I would never purchase it on DVD (other), and can't understand how anyone would like to own it.

As stupid as Transformers was, the CG elements were awesome. I'll buy it some day just for that.

Transformers has recently hit Australia, and as far as I can tell - is selling out.

Spiderman has been out for a while - and is now relegated to the $9.95 bargain basement bin.

In the long term, I expect Transformers to sell a lot more DVD-player hardware than Spiderman ever will. Neither are that significant though. As time drags on, its more and more likely there will be a "stalemate" - and both formats will have to coexist.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099