By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Spiderman 3 blu-ray first week sales lower than Transformers HD-DVD 1st wee

Spiderman3 on blu-ray sold only 130k units on its first week and there is still no proof that Transformers HD-DVD 1st week 190k is exaggerated.

http://www.dvdtown.com/news/spider-man-3-sells-good-on-dvd-and-blu-ray/4903 

i don't think it's anything blu-ray vs. hd-dvd related, it's just that Transformers was a better movie 

Around the Network

Spiderman 3 may have been a bit of a disappointment from the series, but Transformers was *not* better.  Transformers was crap.  At least Spiderman 3 had some Sam Raimi hilarity in it.

transformers definately was a better movie, first it wasn't 2 hours of people talking about their feelings, second, well isn't that enough

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

considering that the dvd of spiderman sold about half of what transformers did (lets face it SM3 was not as good as TFORMERS). nielsen videoscan estimated only 113k for transformers along with another agency that only estimated 90k, the 130k is only for the standalone movie, not the box set included. spiderman 3 performed a lot better for blu-ray than transformers did for hd dvd. ratatouille is going to dominate both though. remember, hd dvd has shrek and bourne left before xmas, while blu-ray got ratatouille and cars this week, close encounters next week, superbad, die hard 1-4, pirates 3, hairspray, the simpsons, terminator 3, independance day and lost still coming.  along with neutral warner titles like harry potter.

TheBigFatJ said:
Spiderman 3 may have been a bit of a disappointment from the series, but Transformers was *not* better.  Transformers was crap.  At least Spiderman 3 had some Sam Raimi hilarity in it.

QFT

Spiderman 3 still sucked though.

I wish they would make a Beast Wars (Beasties for the Canadians) movie that actually shows what happens after they leave earth.

Beast Machines sucked. It had to be said.

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
At least Spiderman 3 had some Sam Raimi hilarity in it.

but it also had kirsten dunst singing.

you do know the sales numbers are minus the 3 in 1 pack right? With the bundle it out sold Transformers.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

http://www.guidetohometheater.com/news/110807nextgensales

Sony said these numbers don't include giveaways bundled with the PS3, but neither does it tell how many of those 130,000 copies were sold as part of the Spider-Man High Definition Trilogy, which is a more expensive three movie set (as the word "trilogy" implies).

tk1797 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
Spiderman 3 may have been a bit of a disappointment from the series, but Transformers was *not* better. Transformers was crap. At least Spiderman 3 had some Sam Raimi hilarity in it.

QFT

Spiderman 3 still sucked though.

I wish they would make a Beast Wars (Beasties for the Canadians) movie that actually shows what happens after they leave earth.

Beast Machines sucked. It had to be said.

You sir are wrong on all points....

well except the beast wars part, and the beast machines part, and the spiderman, but I stand by transformers as very enjoyable 

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has revealed that the Blu-ray release of 'Spider-Man 3' sold 130,000 copies the first six days at retail, 15,000 more copies than the Transformers HD DVD was reported to have sold its first week on store shelves. Having shipped 400,000 copies to retailers, this represents a 30% sell-off for the title.

David Bishop, President of Sony commented, "We are well-placed for the holidays. We got in before the key shopping season, and now you'll have more people getting into the market, as new players are launching from Sony, Sharp, Panasonic [among others]. It's our hope that they walk out with a player and Spider-Man 3."

The 130,000 sold does not include copies given away as part of a Sony promotion to provide the title to those who purchase a 40GB PS3. Sony expects demand to increase throughout the holiday season, with 'Spider-Man 3' to remain a top seller.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=655