By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Spiderman 3 blu-ray first week sales lower than Transformers HD-DVD 1st wee

I didn't think Transformer was all that good. But it looks AMAZING via the HD-DVD player.

Around the Network
tibisor said:
TheBigFatJ said:
At least Spiderman 3 had some Sam Raimi hilarity in it.

but it also had kirsten dunst singing.

Ah, good point.  I guess the bottom line is that we're comparing blue crap and red crap here.  The sales figures don't mean anything right now other than fodder for fanboys, because both examples will be "sold to stores" and most likely both examples include significant bundling.  And the numbers are still relatively low for big releases.

I'm sure there will not be a winner in that stupid war. Dual players will win at the end.

Yeah well Spider-Man 3 was CRAP!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I agree spiderman 3 was crap. HD DVD is increasing momentum with the sub $200 price, this will be hard for all other blue ray manufacturers because of the $200 dollar price different and the PS3 isnt helping much to widen the lead.

Around the Network

I liked Spider Man 3... it was better then the first movie but worse then the second.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Although my son totally disagrees with me - Transformers was crap. Hated the revised and somewhat confusing look for the transformers and the plot had more holes than swiss cheese.

Spiderman 3 on the other hand was better written crap that would have been much better without Vemon (nothing against Vemon but he felt forced and didn't add anything. Now if he had eaten MJ while she was singing....)

Diehard 4 ruled! Best and most underappreciated movie this year. Hope it sells well. Shrek 3 sucked bad. Hope it tanks. Pirate 3 - meh, will sell great though.

On topic - I just wish the format war would be over already.

regardless of how good the movie was many people are still gonna buy it, 300 was not a good movie either. These HD-DVD and blu-ray numbers are so tiny, nobody really cares about them. There were many people claiming on this forum that spiderman was gonna blow out transformers sales, don't deny that.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I liked Spiderman 3 too ....the charachters acted well and had a proper development ,the special effects and action scenes were great ,it had a moving end and some amazing moments as when the Sandman recreates itself after the accident that gives him his powers .Along the first and second films it makes for a great trilogy .Its a pity that some fanboys just want to attack it at every opportunity just because Venom didnt get as much exposition as they wanted etc etc

Transformers was a well done movie ,funny ...but definitely a summer blockbuster and nothing more .

Transformers >>> Spider Man 3.