By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom Q2 Earnings Release (11/08)

kirby007 said:
erikers said:
kirby007 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
erikers said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/salesdata.html"

Mega Man has 118 titles in the series. Anyone who claims Nintendo rehashes had BETTER find a number bigger than that.

Uh, you actually dont realize there's more than 118 Mario titles? How sad.

Proof? We know Mega Man had that many. Capcom has the info up. So what's your proof Mario has more?

ignore him, he is fanboy AAA+++

Fanboy of what genius? What kind of response is that? You think there's more megaman games than there's been mario games in the last 20 years? Am I a fanboy of Capcom or Megaman or something? Does it somehow upset you that I said there's more Mario games than Megaman with your little kirby icon that you clearly have some odd nintendo obsession where you have to defend everything about them?

boy, relax, chill out, it is not only this post of you that is full of the smell of fanboy

Little kid (as you like to start your posts apparently), why should he have ignored me in the first place when I was RIGHT? Why don't you have the intelligence to answer that? I made such a common sense statement that there's more Mario games than Megaman games and you call me a fanboy? Did you see the wikipedia list of mario games? Over 150 games have Mario in the title alone.

After you get done explaining why people should ignore me for having basic knowledge enough to answer him, show me where this fanboy shit you keep talking about is.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
wow, calm down erikers. I think both of you are probably right, depending on what you define as a mario game. If only mario platformers, i think kirby got it right. if plaformers, soccer, tennis, party, kart, paper, rpgs, and so on, i think it will be close

There's not really any "both of you are right".  118 Megaman games clearly covers every single genre of megaman ever made.  Unless there's Megaman #118 that I missed?  Clearly there's less than 118 megaman platformers right?  They counted every game with"megaman" in it and I counted every game with Mario in it.  It's that simple.  

Kirby didn't even answer the guys question, what would he be right about anyways?  His whole post was one sentence about me.  

erikers said:
kirby007 said:
erikers said:
kirby007 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
erikers said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Mega Man has 118 titles in the series. Anyone who claims Nintendo rehashes had BETTER find a number bigger than that.

Proof? We know Mega Man had that many. Capcom has the info up. So what's your proof Mario has more?

Fanboy of what genius? What kind of response is that? You think there's more megaman games than there's been mario games in the last 20 years? Am I a fanboy of Capcom or Megaman or something? Does it somehow upset you that I said there's more Mario games than Megaman with your little kirby icon that you clearly have some odd nintendo obsession where you have to defend everything about them?

boy, relax, chill out, it is not only this post of you that is full of the smell of fanboy

Little kid, why should he have ignored me in the first place when I was RIGHT?  Why don't you have the intelligence to answer that?  I made such a common sense statement that there's more Mario games than Megaman games and you call me a fanboy?  Did you see the wikipedia list of mario games?  After you get done explaining why people should ignore me for having basic knowledge enough to answer him, show me where this fanboy shit you keep talking about is.  

i never said it wasn't wasn't it, imo it was the feeling superior in the HOW SAD, that makes me think strange things about u.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

In wikipedia the article states games that had Mario in them not necessarily Mario games, also i wouldn't count the spin-offs as games... i believe they mean for the main series.

kirby007 said:
erikers said:
kirby007 said:
erikers said:
kirby007 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
erikers said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Little kid, why should he have ignored me in the first place when I was RIGHT? Why don't you have the intelligence to answer that? I made such a common sense statement that there's more Mario games than Megaman games and you call me a fanboy? Did you see the wikipedia list of mario games? After you get done explaining why people should ignore me for having basic knowledge enough to answer him, show me where this fanboy shit you keep talking about is.

i never said it wasn't wasn't it, imo it was the feeling superior in the HOW SAD, that makes me think strange things about u.

Feeling superior about WHAT? I asked him how he doesn't know there's more Mario games than Megaman games.

Edit: Good job editing your post by the way with a lame attempt to hide your insulting. I'll just state the definition of a hypocrite: It's someone with a kirby icon named Kirby who starts off a post calling me "Boy" then starts lamenting about how bad it is to say "how sad" at the end of a post.

Around the Network
gamingdevil said:
In wikipedia the article states games that had Mario in them not necessarily Mario games, also i wouldn't count the spin-offs as games... i believe they mean for the main series.

Ugh...I seriously don't know how to get this through. This "argument" is about whether or not Mario has more than 118 games than Megaman. Megaman doesn't have 118 games in his main series now does he? 118 games clearly emcompasses his whole history with every spinoff and main games doesn't it? Now knowing that, the number of GAMES WITH MARIO IN THE TITLE (not the ones that he is just a character in) is over 150 games alone.

It is really that simple.

Done getting off topic here.  Never again will I say Mario has more games than Megaman.  Back to the regularly scheduled Capcom Q2 earnings.   

Have there ever been Megaman mini-games? Tennis games? Baseball games? Football games? I'm just asking cause i don't know of any. I believe all Megaman games have been the same style... Sorry i just don't know of any.

gamingdevil said:
Have there ever been Megaman mini-games? Tennis games? Baseball games? Football games? I'm just asking cause i don't know of any. I believe all Megaman games have been the same style... Sorry i just don't know of any.

This is just a handful of the odd spinoffs that have been released In american and/or in Japan. Dude you know there's only 8 Original megaman games, and about the same number of X games. The rest is crap like this list I pasted.

Seriously though gamingdevil, we gotta talk about capcom's earnings now, this is ridiculous lol.

Mega Man Battle Network series

gnagna

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I love how some threads can just explode such as this one, man I love the internets.