By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone believe or hope Microsoft will leave the videogame business?

nope, 360 is a success...SO WHY WOULD THEY???

Around the Network

I don't think so and I hope not!

Icyedge said:
KungKras said:

Oh, it's this thread again.

I'll summarize my opinion again, just for fun.

Microsoft is following the Sony school of making consoles (PS1, PS2). Rushing systems out to release before the main competitors, adding media functions to consoles, not worrying about first party too much, just buy some studios and hope they make something good for your console (Psygnosis, Bungie) and then make deals with third parties for exclusivity and let them do the rest, if a competitor innovates, just copy them etc etc.

I have always hated this style of console. Consoles like this never introduced anything noteworthy to gaming itself and if they were gone tomorrow, people wouldn't notice becasue they never had any true impact on gaming and no legendary game series would die with them either.

I want the Sony school of making consoles gone. The fact that such consoles were collossi on clay feet is clearly showing in this gen, perhaps THEY were the fad all along. Do I want Sony or microsoft gone? No! But I want their philosophies gone.

I like the PS3 more than the PS2 and PS1 combined becasue Sony is actually trying to build up a powerful first party for it (Better late than never). Microsoft on the other hand seriously needs more first party studios, quick.

A very interesting question, that would probably have a very interresting answer is, what if Nintendo managed to steal all the third party support and make a PS2 but with Nintendo games as well, and start making deals to keep all third party games exclusive, what would the others have left?

Sony's first and second party titles are generally very good... They appeal to me much more than Nintendo's games.

I'm sure they do. But do you seriously believe that they would be able carry a system on their own?

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Icyedge said:

Sony's first and second party titles are generally very good... They appeal to me much more than Nintendo's games.

I'm sure they do. But do you seriously believe that they would be able carry a system on their own?

I was answering your question. (What would they have left?)

41 million buyers say NO...

Around the Network

Meh, this again. Should I care? No. But then again I wouldn't really be that bothered if Sony or Nintendo decided they had better things to do with their time/effort/money. People and melodrama... ugh. Probably the biggest information to take from this thread is bringing out those who probably need to find something better to do with their lives so they can get some treatment.

No! Never! Microsoft brings good competition and competition is good.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

No Way... Cant see myself without Halo , Forza , Cod on Xbox , Fable and Gears ! Xbox FTW!

No, though I'm done paying for Live, so I don't see myself using their consoles in the future, but I see no reason for them to stop.

Lyrikalstylez said:

nope, 360 is a success...SO WHY WOULD THEY???

This exactly what I would have said. This is also exactly why seeing this thread really made me LMFAO.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad