By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Follow-up: vgchartz site slowness

Just wondering: Did ioi (or anyone else) ever figure out what's causing the site's loading speed to fluctuate so dramatically? Server problems? Database problems? Malicious attacks?

Around the Network

I am also getting pop-up ads that automatically open a window advertising for some kind of fix... I think we are getting hacked... again.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

It is definitely better than what it was a week ago, but it still screws up every now and then.

Yeah just a minute ago some virus scan i did not install popped up when i entered the site.... Anyone else get this or am i screwed?

Nintendo fan, though i also like the PS1-era Sony

Sales Predictions (+-.5mil) at end of fiscal 2007

Wii- 23 million- Brawl will hopefully make it higher.
360-20 million- GTA IV's release date will be a big factor
PS3- 12 million- Same as 360, MGS4 also big factor

Lite_DSaddict21 said:
Yeah just a minute ago some virus scan i did not install popped up when i entered the site.... Anyone else get this or am i screwed?

it happened to me too

Around the Network
Lite_DSaddict21 said:

If you don't have an antivirus software installed, immediately ALT+F4, that's a phishing/virus if I ever saw one, ALT+F4 all the browser windows (you are using to load this site)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Sad that this stuff still happens to this site... happened to me at work today, but was able to get out of it quickly and back to the site.

Sadly at work I can't use Firefox, or I would use that instead. Firefox + adblock + no script = nothing getting through unless i want it to.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Perhaps it is time to consider contacting the authorities. I think if the attacks have been persistent this long. Then its time to contact the local government where the servers are located, and ask for assistance. Hundreds of hackers are arrested and prosecuted each year. I know people can become uncomfortable about such things, but if the culprits have been at it this long they are not going to stop. So law enforcement has a good chance of tracking them down, and making a example of them.

ioi if this is caused by hackers let me know, Ill give you the msn addresses of some hackers i know that will help secure this site... sadly for a fee but they will make sure things doesnt happen again. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ioi stated in a previous post that almost every time the site goes down or is slow, it is because its being attacked. He said he should get it working right soon and it'll be much faster.

ioi, do you need an extra hand with the coding? You do a hell of a lot for this website. I think we would understand if you needed another admin to help ease the load.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!