By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I want Final Fantasy XIII to fail!

I don't hate FFXIII, though i do have good reason to dislike it.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Is my opinion wanted here?

No, GTFO.

fixed

All haters will eat crow

GO LESTATDARK & LIGHTNING!

Do you still believe that it will hit 10 million?

Ok there Rush

Didn't it break even like..first week for Japan?

Naum said:
darthdevidem01 said:
BTW S-E have probably shipped 2 Million in japan where it retails for arond $90

they have ALREADY made a profit on it

so the game can't bomb, fail or flop anymore

KTHNXBYE!

I highly doubt that.. 4 years of development and don't forget how much advertising money they have spent so far.

Actually only 2 years of "INTENSE" development (confirmed from square-enix)

So lets see, there is no way it cost more than GTA4

lets be a bit high & say it cost 80 Million, right, now marketing in Japan only, lets add 10 million = 90 million

I dunno retailer percentages in japan in terms of how much money the publisher gets, lets assume S-E gets 60% of the $90 its costs

so they get $54 per copy sold

$54 x 2 Million = 108 Million

So its made a profit by those calculations, taking into account dev cost to be 80 Million WHICH IS A LOT

I'm sorry but I really think the games already made a profit, its probably shipped 2million dude

EDIT:

this isn't even counting the dough they made from FF13 POTIONS, merchandise & the overpriced PS3 FF13 bundles

I know MANY of you want it to fail as its not like FF 1 - 6 or 9 or whatever.....but its not going to fail guys

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Seriously, the mentality of some of you is borderline pathetic.

Don't forget that by wishing that a certain game fails, you're also wishing that thousands or millions of fans get dissapointed but that's not the worse, you're also wishing that the people behind the game don't get the proper profit from the game, thus can lead to some people getting fired, affecting their lives.

Would you like if those people wished that you also failed in your life? Because that's what you pretty much deserve with posts like these.

This.

I want FFXIII to be good :(

I'll be laughing at the OP when SE rake in $$$.

lestatdark said:
bobobologna said:
lestatdark said:
Seriously, the mentality of some of you is borderline pathetic.

Don't forget that by wishing that a certain game fails, you're also wishing that thousands or millions of fans get dissapointed but that's not the worse, you're also wishing that the people behind the game don't get the proper profit from the game, thus can lead to some people getting fired, affecting their lives.

Would you like if those people wished that you also failed in your life? Because that's what you pretty much deserve with posts like these.

I think you were a bit harsh, but I agree with most of what you said.

I know I was a bit harsh, but we're having these kinds of threads way too much in the past days.

It's just that people don't see that games are not just games, they're the product of the work of dozens, sometimes hundreds, of people that depend that their game succeds in order for them to keep their job.

People just use the word "Fail" with too many ease 

Do you really think I don't know?Well of course you don't know me.

And do you forget this is internet?

When did you lose your funny side?You will end up with sad life if you can't get it back.

Take my love, take my land..

darthdevidem01 said:
Naum said:
darthdevidem01 said:
BTW S-E have probably shipped 2 Million in japan where it retails for arond $90

they have ALREADY made a profit on it

so the game can't bomb, fail or flop anymore

KTHNXBYE!

I highly doubt that.. 4 years of development and don't forget how much advertising money they have spent so far.

Actually only 2 years of "INTENSE" development (confirmed from square-enix)

So lets see, there is no way it cost more than GTA4

lets be a bit high & say it cost 80 Million, right, now marketing in Japan only, lets add 10 million = 90 million

I dunno retailer percentages in japan in terms of how much money the publisher gets, lets assume S-E gets 60% of the $90 its costs

so they get $54 per copy sold

$54 x 2 Million = 108 Million

So its made a profit by those calculations, taking into account dev cost to be 80 Million WHICH IS A LOT

I'm sorry but I really think the games already made a profit, its probably shipped 2million dude

EDIT:

this isn't even counting the dough they made from FF13 POTIONS, merchandise & the overpriced PS3 FF13 bundles

I know MANY of you want it to fail as its not like FF 1 - 6 or 9 or whatever.....but its not going to fail guys

This.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

sabby_e17 said:
I'll be laughing at the OP when SE rake in $$$.

just like we non HD fans laugh when Nintendo does the same :P