By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Super Mario Galaxy Review - 9.7

btw Gamespot gave it a 9.5 for those who were waiting for it to screw up the MC and GR scores....

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermario128/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

The Good:
* Some of the best level designs of any 3D platformer
* Beautiful, colorful graphics
* Controls work just about flawlessly in nearly every situation
* Soundtrack is a delight
* Lots of stages and tons of stars to find and collect.

The Bad:
* A couple of Mario's special suits can be frustrating to use
* Minimal amount of story doesn't tie everything together especially well.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I'm hoping Toys R Us has enough games in stock, and also I hope they honor their own deal.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

9.5 is a phenomenal score from Gamespot, especially since they have made the scoring criteria much more strict than before

Wow, this and Mass Effect are going to completely tear me away from my school work and social life.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

9.5 is like a 10 coming from Gamespot.

But how the f*** you can complain for storyline on a Mario game?

BTW, that and the 9.75 from IGN puts Galaxy @ 96.5 avg ATM on GR, or on another words: Best rated game this generation so far along with Orange Box.

Around the Network

I knew GS wouldn't give it a perfect ten, but wow those reasons suck

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I think with GS and 1up giving it 95s it has a decent shot at taking #1...

I would say it probably breaks down sort of like this:
20% - #1
40% - #2
39% - #3
1% -

To Each Man, Responsibility

i was going to wait till smash bros brawl to get a wii, but my interest in mario galaxy just went through the roof and i'll buy a wii next week

I'm looking forward to playing this game in 480p on my roommates 60" HDTV.

No way, GameSpot gave it a 9.5 and IGN gave it a 9.7? I'm about to explode.

I hope Galaxy and Orange Box stay at the top of this generation for a long time!

Now I just need to find a way to get my PC and Wii to marry each other.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.