By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GI.biz: TOP Selling Games of 2010 - Halo Reach #1, FFXIII #2, GT5 #10!!

Unless the original article states that this is HD games only, the lack of any Nintendo titles despite the fact that Ninty has dominated software sales lists ever since its launch makes this list laughable imo. It's not based off of any sound logic or reality.

Around the Network
daggy said:
huaxiong90 said:
daggy said:
huaxiong90 said:

What a failure excuse of a list. Seriously. God of War III below Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2? FFXIII #2 when it's below BF:BC2? And GT5 #10?!

And what's more, no Nintendo game is on the list...

...standards sure have slipped these days.

Bioshock 2 will easily outsell God of War III.

The first Bioshock sold 2.4 millions on Xbox 360, and possibly 3 millions or more on PC. Just 2 weeks ago it was on Steam Top Ten and is constantly being sold on sale on Steam, D2D, Gamersgate, Impulse, etc...

I'm talking about console sales only. Also, have you seen the pre-order charts? I don't think you did.

Why only console sales?! The list even has Starcraft 2, which is a PC exclusive.

You have a point. But until I see the pre-order charts of the PC version, or sales of the first game on PC, I'll use the info of what I have on the console versions, and they're not higher than God of War III.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

It's only March, but let's revisit this.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii was not on the list at all, not even as a dark horse, and neither were any Nintendo games. So far this year it's sold ~3.6 million copies worldwide.

Of the games that have a mostly worldwide release on the list:

BioShock 2 has sold ~1.4 million and is selling less on a weekly basis.
Mass Effect 2 has sold ~1.5 million and is selling less on a weekly basis.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has sold ~2 million and is selling less on a weekly basis.

All three have PC editions as well but it's safe to say they're all going to be behind NSMB for the year.

Random forum posters 3, Industry professionals 0.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I think all of you will agree with the fact that GT5 will sell way more than GoW III, what are these people smoking?

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

No NSMB pah

Around the Network

Well I guess its obvious that this list only involves the HD consoles.

Demotruk said:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii was not on the list at all, not even as a dark horse, and neither were any Nintendo games. So far this year it's sold ~3.6 million copies worldwide.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has sold ~2 million and is selling less on a weekly basis.

All three have PC editions as well but it's safe to say they're all going to be behind NSMB for the year.

Heavy Rain is #2 on the dark horse list, so that's +1 for them.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Demotruk said:

They mean games on the HD twins only...

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Demotruk said:

They mean games on the HD twins only...

Please point out to me where the GIbiz survey said anything about being HD only.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Bioshock... Really? Why dont they inclede NMH2 :S