By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GI.biz: TOP Selling Games of 2010 - Halo Reach #1, FFXIII #2, GT5 #10!!

Xoj said:
jarrod said:

More than half those games won;t be in the top ten. Hell, there's not even a single Nintendo game on there and they have Mario/Zelda/Pokemon coming next year...

lol.  As if we didn't already know the majority of "industry professionals" were clueless...

what game will be released by nintendo next year?

wii fit 3?

Well, the stuff I mentioned.  Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda M+ and Pokemon HG/SS, all of which could make top ten worldwide (Zelda's the iffiest due to the late year release and lower selling brand, but Pokemon & Mario are basically guaranteed to make top 10).  Then Nintendo has several other for-sure-million-sellers lined up (some of which could take off more) like Friend Connection, Metroid: Other M, Golden Sun DS, Kirby Wii, Wii Relax, Professor Layton 3 and Wario Ware DIY.  And of course, there's continued sales for the usual evergreens (Wii Fit/Plus, Wii Sports Resort, NSMB DS/Wii, Mario Kart DS/Wii, Style Savvy, Brain-Age 1-2, Animal Crossing DS, Nintendogs, etc, etc), several of which will undoubtedly make top 10.  Honestly, Nintendo could walk away with half of more of the top 10 slots worldwide, as they have nearly every year since Wii launch.

Around the Network

LOL

ME2 and BioShock 2 are going to outsell GT5?
FF13 is going to sell less than CoD7?
No Ninty games will break the top ten?

These people don't have a clue.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

And to add something else to the WTF factor:

Genre expected to become less popular in 2010

• Music – 33.7%
  • First-person shooter – 13.5%
  • Real-time strategy – 12.6%
  • Casual / social – 10.3%
  • Action / adventure – 7.3%
  • Racing - 7%
  • MMO – 6.2%
  • Sports – 6.2%
  • Role-playing – 3.2%

Genre expected to become more popular in 2010

• Casual / social – 32.3%
  • Action / adventure – 23.5%
  • MMO – 17.3%
  • Role-playing game – 9.7%
  • First-person shooter – 9.1%
  • Racing – 2.9%
  • Real-time strategy – 2.3%
  • Sports – 1.5%
  • Music – 1.5%

These are both going to gain AND lose large amounts of popularity.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Different people voting them in.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

huaxiong90 said:
daggy said:
huaxiong90 said:

What a failure excuse of a list. Seriously. God of War III below Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2? FFXIII #2 when it's below BF:BC2? And GT5 #10?!

And what's more, no Nintendo game is on the list...

...standards sure have slipped these days.

Bioshock 2 will easily outsell God of War III.

The first Bioshock sold 2.4 millions on Xbox 360, and possibly 3 millions or more on PC. Just 2 weeks ago it was on Steam Top Ten and is constantly being sold on sale on Steam, D2D, Gamersgate, Impulse, etc...

I'm talking about console sales only. Also, have you seen the pre-order charts? I don't think you did.

Why only console sales?! The list even has Starcraft 2, which is a PC exclusive.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

/giggle

Back on topic, I think there are several more likely lists made by VGC members than the one at the core of this thread. This is an excellent sales website, great threads, great debates (yeah, lots of fanboy-like lust on here as well, but certainly more in control than ANY other video game website I have visited), but the folks here are a bunch of amateurs (no offense) and they are providing better insight into the industry than the "pros". 

Fucking sad, really. Again, that's our industry...

(tried to keep rant #2 down to a minimum, the funny political cartoon pic brought me back)

I think this happened...

Jack (person who made the list): here are my predictions of 2010.

bob(The person who checks for typos' and grammer errors): HALO REACH AT TOP!!!

bobby(the one who approves the list):there is something missing in this list...

elephant:there are no wii games and gt5 should be placed higher

Jack: whats a Wii?

and then they approve the list... of course this what I think happened...

lvader said:
Ignoring Nintendo won't make them go away!

That's right!!! Maybe the best selling game: Wii Relax.  I hope no...

OT: maybe that's results are for US? Or WW? Anyway, this gen is unpredictable...so dont try...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

People are actually paid money to end up producing stuff like this? I am of the belief that the industry has grown so large that people who don't even have a flippin' clue as to what is a good game or not, end up yammering on and on and on about this.

Anyone have any idea exactly what the hope of Just Cause 2 is supposed to be to be a "dark horse"? Is there anyone here, or know anyone out there, than even remotely has an interest in this title, or is following it? Yet, you see this:
9. Just Cause 2

Seriously? And Darksiders? Anyone here care about this game at all? If people here aren't getting interested, why is anyone else going to?

fabinou said:
Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda and Pokemon cancelled. Nintendo stops selling game in 2010 confirmed.

Wow, I was so annoyed at them mentioning Just Cause 2, that I didn't even notice they failed to even mention Nintendo stuff.  These industry experts don't have a fraking clue.