By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Zero Punctuation: Zelda Phantom Hourglass

http://www.n4g.com/nintendods/News-81237.aspx

Another classic. The Nintendo fanboys are going to be upset about this though. 

Around the Network

lol, that guy is hilarious.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

that is so so true.. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

While I share some of his annoyance at Nintendo following their game formulas too closely, he really seems like he's missing the point (ie. hasn't played too many of them). The characters and themes are very similar every time, but everything else changes over the years. Well sorta...

The leaps from Super Mario World to Super Mario 64, Super Metroid to Metroid Prime and Link to the Past to Ocarina of Time were all amazing, but it's been pretty quiet after that. Super Mario Sunshine wasn't very impressive, the Metroid Prime games were pretty similar, and the biggest difference between Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess was the visual style.

The only franchise that has started to annoy me with repetition is Zelda, and they've all been excellent games by themselves, but I think it's about time for them all to go in a slightly different direction. That seems to be exactly what they're doing, since Super Mario Galaxy looks extremely friesh, and the word about the next Zelda and Metroid is that they're going to be different as well. I'm very optimistic about the future of Nintendo's core franchises.

Excellent. He treads the line between "humor" and "legitimate, well considered complaints" quite well.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Parokki said:
While I share some of his annoyance at Nintendo following their game formulas too closely, he really seems like he's missing the point (ie. hasn't played too many of them). The characters and themes are very similar every time, but everything else changes over the years. Well sorta...

The leaps from Super Mario World to Super Mario 64, Super Metroid to Metroid Prime and Link to the Past to Ocarina of Time were all amazing, but it's been pretty quiet after that. Super Mario Sunshine wasn't very impressive, the Metroid Prime games were pretty similar, and the biggest difference between Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess was the visual style.

The only franchise that has started to annoy me with repetition is Zelda, and they've all been excellent games by themselves, but I think it's about time for them all to go in a slightly different direction. That seems to be exactly what they're doing, since Super Mario Galaxy looks extremely friesh, and the word about the next Zelda and Metroid is that they're going to be different as well. I'm very optimistic about the future of Nintendo's core franchises.

Common , have some sense of humour ,he makes that with almost all of the games , even with Bioshock / HS / H3 etc ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I find his segments enjoyable, although I do hate how his rants always inspire some fanboys (be they sony, microsoft, or nintendo) to either over-react negatively (if its on one of the better games of their chosen system) or justification for not buying said game or system (if it's on a system they do not own).

Frankly, all of his segments are focused (usually) on negative aspects of a game from the perspective of an adventure gamer (I say this because he makes freeware adventure games? and you can notice it in his reviews). His points are often valid to an extent, but still isn't as much as a detractor to not buy a game as to check if there's any flaw deep enough that make you think twice before getting a game.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

That's basically why i haven't bothered to pick up a new Zelda game since Majoras mask... and someone gave me Majoras mask.

woooow, this is a total win! Even hero quest was in it. Epic!

and when is okami coming?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

The last 3 reviews were very weak (shit IMO). It seems he is more interested in complaining about the games than making real criticism. He is not very experienced in some genres or franchises and this is evident when analyzing some of his rants. What I mean is: what is the point of using someone who hates racers to review a racing game? He would not be able to tell a good game from a bad game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."