By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Zero Punctuation: Zelda Phantom Hourglass

This has not been as good as the absolutely hilarious Super Paper Mario Review, but it was still a great watch!

And please people, don't take this guy too serious, these reviews are meant to be funny after all!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Not funny. Here's an idea....you already know it's about fagballs going to save a princess, so if you already know this and you are tired of it.....don't play it.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
Not funny. Here's an idea....you already know it's about fagballs going to save a princess, so if you already know this and you are tired of it.....don't play it.

Well... he is forced to play it... usually the more he is forced, the funnier it gets.

And like I said, don't take it too seriously, it's not really a review as much as non-constructive critcisim mixed with a lot of sarcasam. 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

I thought it was funny as hell. Notice the tagline in the end credits saying that he sometimes likes to name his Link "I Say" so it sounds like Foghorn Leghorn.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

takkxyz said:
mancandy said:

Well... he is forced to play it... usually the more he is forced, the funnier it gets.

And like I said, don't take it too seriously, it's not really a review as much as non-constructive critcisim mixed with a lot of sarcasam. 

Yeah, he is forced to play it, but the people that buy it aren't.

I know he's trying to be funny... doesn't mean I have to find it funny.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Is it just me, or is he getting "angrier" with every review?

It was still pretty fun - and this is coming from a big fan of PH - but mostly he's just complaining about the staples of the series rather than PH itself, so it's neither very original or even that accurate at times. It certainly did not live up to the SPM and Bioshock reviews.

Personally I enjoy the familiar faces/places/items it's like seeing an old friend. Name to me a single game that doesn't recycle at least some ideas(Yeah even Final Fantasy recycles it all the god damned time) Reusing good ideas isn't a bad thing in fact every game does it if it doesn't suck so bad to never get a 2nd and 3rd.

I was a little pissed about the whole revisiting the same dungeon but there was a logistical reason for that. One it added playtime, two saved on developing multiple dungeons three allowed them to focus on other areas instead and four I guess saved space(are some DS games coming close to capacity yet? I know they're making bigger carts already.)

Is it me though or did he not seem as mean to it as some other games(Halo 3, Bioshock etc.)

man these reviews are very funny to bad for me for some reason it doesnt load it

That was more a general review of the Zelda series than of PH =\

Oh take a joke people. It might not have been his best review but I enjoyed it.

As for claims of his reviews just getting more and more bitter, of his last four reviews, Orange Box was very positive and Super Paper Mario was somewhat positive.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.