By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Gen.... more of the same?

Next gen do you see the sales position of the consoles as they are now.....Nintendo on top....Microsoft at Second and Sony in third?

My opinion:

I believe the number one console next gen will be Nintendo's next one.....they will be coming off the highest selling home console ever(Wii) and will be carrying that momentum next gen.

Number 2 is a hard one to predict as I see both Microsoft's and Sony's next consoles fighting for this spot......Sony will not be making the same horrendous mistakes they made at the launch of the ps3 but at the same time these mistakes allowed the xbox brand to shine and become almost as equal to the playstation brand today. I really can't come to a conclusion on this spot next gen or the third but what I can predict is that it will be a tight race through out the gen.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Nintendo said they are trying to be much diffrent again. We'll see how that turns out. The other 2 depend on who launches first and announces first and if they will have motion controls

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I think the 720 will be in the lead. Next Gen, M$ will have stellar graphics, established motion controls, a superior online gaming network and unrelenting support from third party developers. Through in a few titles soccermoms find appealing and a decent asking price (300$ or less) and there you go. They'll be number one in America and Europe, but probably not Asia. Not unless they get Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter as timed exclusives or something.

Lets put it differently
Profit
#1 Nintendo
#2 Nintendo
#3 Nintendo
#9001 microsoft/sony

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Mitsurugi said:
I think the 720 will be in the lead. Next Gen, M$ will have stellar graphics, established motion controls, a superior online gaming network and unrelenting support from third party developers. Through in a few titles soccermoms find appealing and a decent asking price (300$ or less) and there you go. They'll be number one in America and Europe, but probably not Asia. Not unless they get Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter as timed exclusives or something.

No they would etheir see a HUGE downfall next generation or make a big mistake and lose 3rd parties
Because for some reason history repeated its self 3 times
Nintendo->Nintendo 64(lost 1st place and 3rd party support.All of it!)
Sega-> Saturn(lost 3rd party support to the point that they lost EA and had worse sales than Megadrive)
Sony-> PS3(lost most excluesives and lost a ton of marketshare.)
Microsoft->Xbox 3(We'll wait and see)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

It is likely that Nintendo can pull another victory but there is no way of knowing before we know exactly what all three (and a potential fourth) have to offer. This gen is a lot closer than the previous two and in that regard the market is a little more balanced between the three competitors and that leads me to believe that there won't be a devastating win next generation either (one could argue that this gen will be a devastating win but not compared to last gen).

But, yes, like I said initially, I do think Nintendo will come out on top again all though possibly by a smaller margin this time.

I think Nintendo's going to win off momentum built up from this generation. 3rd parties will know from the beginning that what Nintendo puts out should be worth investing, they'll have the edge in brand awareness among the mass market, and with the third parties on board this time, Nintendo should shore up what was, this gen, their greatest weakness.

Microsoft and Sony will just be catching up, so Nintendo should come out ahead, unless someone else does something unforeseeable.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It could be other way around, who knows. Who would've thought the no.1 console last gen would be having much difficulty going no.2 this gen...

#1 Microsoft
#2 Sony
#3 Nintendo

IMO

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Well nintendo has never won two generations of home consoles in a row so I will probably say they will be second place next gen. I also think that since microsoft has never won a generation of consoles (this being their second), that they may be in first place for much of the next generation. This is because they will inevitably be first to launch; sony is the one I do not know about, they could pull out a super powerful console with low cost and pioneer another technology that will allow it to become the new "IT" console like the ps2 and ps1 before it. I do know that sony will not make the same mistake twice, they will try to remain profitable on the hardware side and stick with cell and maybe add 1024 gb of ram and video ram to an already steller processor with more horsepower. If they do that then they could rule again or just struggle to get 2nd place from nintendo.