By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Itsobvious ps3>360 LTD will never be on time

Carl2291 said:
kirby007 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Selling PS3, and profiting from it, years after PS4 is released: why should Sony abandon this part of its business strategy that with PS3 and PS2 clearly showed to work even in its darkest days?

Cause the PS1 and 2 were leading consoles that could survive gens and make a profit, while PS3 cannot

Can't it?   

do you see it gonna outsell the wii then?

He is probably questioning the red.

Anyone who thinks PS3 will finish first this gen, is batshit crazy.

Right. Never wrote it could outsell Wii and never thought it. The last 4 months clearly showed that this market isn't black or white. Not to mention the fact that this market grew so much that Wii could easily outsell PS2 and becoming the most sold console ever despite having a significantly lower market share than PS2. There's simply more room for all the three competitors, somebody still doesn't realize it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

How can people even reply to avins posts. I looked at a few of them and hovered over the reply button, then I look at his sig and realize that he just doesn't understand/care.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:
Its amazing how you expect a PS4, and a new XBOX by 2011..

are you that bored?

He's not that far off, once NATAL and Wand/Gem fail, they will rush their next consoles, 2012 is more likely than 2011, but it will be here soon.

Now I'd love to know were you bought your crystal ball

mM

my sony meaning us will outsell the 360 by end of year. we make 1st place this year cause we and forever cause we b cool! YAH

Rpruett said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Selling PS3, and profiting from it, years after PS4 is released: why should Sony abandon this part of its business strategy that with PS3 and PS2 clearly showed to work even in its darkest days?

Cause the PS1 and 2 were leading consoles that could survive gens and make a profit, while PS3 cannot

You are implying that this generation is anything like previous ones...And that makes me  LOL hysterically.  

In previous generations there was a graphical arms race.  The graphics of the 'lead' console were cutting edge or close enough to as top notch as you could presently get.  This did two things,  it grabbed the 'graphics' crowd  and the everybody else crowd.   Playstation 1...Playstation 2 both were comparable / superior to the competition or close enough where it didn't matter much at all.    This generation is drastically different.  If you want HD, high quality graphics in your games?  You certainly aren't going to keep playing your Wii because a lot of people own it. 

Another aspect that makes this generation different is the amount of third party software support.  The leading console has always had this on lock down.  Tons of third party support and crushed the competition with sheer amount of new, wonderful games. (This point also goes hand and hand with the graphics).   The Wii being a lot different than the competition,  has positioned themselves in such a way that more of the 'new' 'desireable' games are coming out for the HD Twins and not the Wii.  Often times leaving the Wii with very shoddy ports or lame attempts. 

Another factor that makes this generation different is the drastically different control scheme.  This isn't just a different iteration of a controller or even a different designed controller.  The Wii mote has taken gaming to a totally different place.  This has had a positive aspect on Nintendo's sales but it also has had a negative reception in many ways as well.  Many gamers hold the belief that they have zero desire to play a console with motion controls.  So we find ourselves with a whole legion of video game players that don't like anything about the idea of motion controls.

Another aspect that really differentiates this generation from previous ones that hasn't been mentioned or talked about is robust, online networks. (PSN / XBL).  These networks are incorporated into the very fabric of the PS3/Xbox 360.  There is always tons of content that can be sold and pushed. These networks are more long term plans than short term fixes.   Microsoft and Sony have already endured heaps of losses from (RROD / Initial Production costs / Etc),  these last few years is where profitability starts to occur.  They certainly will want to keep the content and stores filled for years to come. 

Lastly,  We know that Nintendo is in no rush to release another console.  I mean why should they?  The Golden Cash Cow was dropped in their front yard.   We also know that with the high costs for everything HD that Microsoft and Sony suffered they are in no absolute hurry to push their 800 ton Elephant out the window just yet. 

PS3 and 360 will last much longer / sell a lot (More than likely 10 years)  than previous generations 2nd / 3rd place consoles.  Denying that is foolish. 

perfect post i dont eveN KnoW what to say but "PERFECT"

Around the Network

I've noticed one thing everybody keeps forgetting: Price. The X360 sold more, because it's always been about $100 cheaper.
If there's going to be a new generation of consoles they are of course going to cost more, but beyond more raw processing power/graphics there needs to be something else new hardware-wise to even think about for a next-gen console. The PS3 in 2012 will probably be $199, or $149(cheapest).

PS1 (CD-ROM), PS2 (DVD-ROM), PS3 (Blu-ray/1080p), PS4, my guess it will keep blu-ray and have the capability of reading "several" layers and read at 8x or faster.
I don't think this kind of technology will be available cheaply in 2012, I'm guessing 2013 at the earliest; Only because the cost would be too high, which is something consumers look at first when buying a game console, second would be the games that come with it, and third would be the consoles specs (if they even understand them--casual gamers).

X360 could very well have it's next gen in 2012, they would of course use the Blu-ray drive and the likes. But, remember "Price", if MS wants to have this better than the PS3, they are going to cost more than the PS3.

thanks to japan and europe : ps3 >360 , 360 sales in japan are laughable lol

Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

So PS3 isn't going to survive the generation,and wont start to make a profit.

Bookmarked this one too!

No it won't make a profit, since Sony has been in the red for PS3 for most of its lifetime, so no it wont come out ahead for PS3, you lose again Carl

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Can't it? 

Nope, PS3 has already lost hundreds of millions, so it won't ever make a profit

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Rpruett said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

You are implying that this generation is anything like previous ones...And that makes me  LOL hysterically.

In previous generations there was a graphical arms race.  The graphics of the 'lead' console were cutting edge or close enough to as top notch as you could presently get.  This did two things,  it grabbed the 'graphics' crowd  and the everybody else crowd.   Playstation 1...Playstation 2 both were comparable / superior to the competition or close enough where it didn't matter much at all.    This generation is drastically different.  If you want HD, high quality graphics in your games?  You certainly aren't going to keep playing your Wii because a lot of people own it.

Another aspect that makes this generation different is the amount of third party software support.  The leading console has always had this on lock down.  Tons of third party support and crushed the competition with sheer amount of new, wonderful games. (This point also goes hand and hand with the graphics).   The Wii being a lot different than the competition,  has positioned themselves in such a way that more of the 'new' 'desireable' games are coming out for the HD Twins and not the Wii.  Often times leaving the Wii with very shoddy ports or lame attempts.

Another factor that makes this generation different is the drastically different control scheme.  This isn't just a different iteration of a controller or even a different designed controller.  The Wii mote has taken gaming to a totally different place.  This has had a positive aspect on Nintendo's sales but it also has had a negative reception in many ways as well.  Many gamers hold the belief that they have zero desire to play a console with motion controls.  So we find ourselves with a whole legion of video game players that don't like anything about the idea of motion controls.

Another aspect that really differentiates this generation from previous ones that hasn't been mentioned or talked about is robust, online networks. (PSN / XBL).  These networks are incorporated into the very fabric of the PS3/Xbox 360.  There is always tons of content that can be sold and pushed. These networks are more long term plans than short term fixes.   Microsoft and Sony have already endured heaps of losses from (RROD / Initial Production costs / Etc),  these last few years is where profitability starts to occur.  They certainly will want to keep the content and stores filled for years to come.

Lastly,  We know that Nintendo is in no rush to release another console.  I mean why should they?  The Golden Cash Cow was dropped in their front yard.   We also know that with the high costs for everything HD that Microsoft and Sony suffered they are in no absolute hurry to push their 800 ton Elephant out the window just yet.

PS3 and 360 will last much longer / sell a lot (More than likely 10 years)  than previous generations 2nd / 3rd place consoles.  Denying that is foolish.

ROFL, yeah sorry, but only one thing results in 10 year lifespans and that is consumer purchases, not support by third parties, not graphics, and the fact is, consumers aren;t going to buy the PS3 or 360 for 10 years, for a few reasons, first the perils of catering to the upmarket, is that they are the quickest to jump ship at the next generation, especially when they see advancements, then the fact that the thrid parties will also be quick to continue to move to the next gen, due to the need to pursue the upmarket, this is why leading consoles last, because they have the support of the wider market, which Sony and MS do not this gen.