coolbeans said:
sabby_e17 said:
coolbeans said:
sabby_e17 said:
coolbeans said:
sabby_e17 said:
coolbeans said:
sabby_e17 said:
The gap will be 1 million by the end of 2010.

A 360 price cut WILL happen this year but thats the only thing holding PS3 back from from over taking the 360.

I'm bored so I feel like betting if you want to.

Lets do it.

Although if you're kind enough, I'm guessing you'd let me increase that number to 1.5 million.

That's fine.

So now what?

meh I suppose sig control for a week or something along the lines of just giving utter praise in sig for a week is fine by me.  Not exactly sure what else there may be (except weekly bans but I find that harsh), being my first bet and all .

This will be my first bet too...sig control for a week it is then.

The bet is: Sabby-e17 bets that the gap between PS3 and 360 sales will be below 1.5 million. Who ever wins gets sig control for a week...

Sounds good .  Muhahaha  I'm already thinking of things I should put in your sig .

Yeh same. Now all we have to do is wait a year...

Around the Network

you guys are missing the point life after next gen doesn't matter consumer focus will be targeted on the new machines

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

binary solo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^lack of profits, third place, certain failure of the wand (read disruption theory to understand why)

Take your pick carl

Only lack of profits has any potential relevance here. And PS3 turning a profit on HW this year would become a reason for Sony to try to keep going with PS3 as long as possible, not ditch it for another system, which they will probably need to sell for a modest loss for a couple of years.

Sony would do more damage to its reputation if PS3 had a shorter lifespan (as the latest Sony console) than 360. People bought the most expensive game console and they get less life out of it than 360 or Wii? If there was one way to guarantee further desertion from the PS brand it would be this. Sony's got to bring people back to Playstation and putting out a PS4 too early isn't going to do it.

No actually those losses are sunk costs, for Sony they can't hope to recoup them, so they know they are better off cutting their losses early with the PS3, since they won't ever get into the black with it, especially since they need to match the 360 in order to stay competitive

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Steve_Fox said:
haha i like this site, its full of fanboys, fanboys are funny, i usuallly come to see the numbers and read some comments, i think the ps3 will outsell the xbox 360 ltd by alot , even after the ps4 is released the ps3 will be selling well

I am glad you joined, but you missed my point

you get a bonuscard for the effort though

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

it depends on what nintendo does, if the next wii if not that much powerful than ps3

we may see getting port of third party casual games, for the ps3.
even then sony will be supporting all its platform like the always did.

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
The reason PS3 caught up was because it matched the 360's price, if 360 price cuts, then it has price advantage and PS3 falls back behind like before

Matched the 360's price?

When did the PS3 become $199?

360 already has a $100 price advantage.

Nope, sorry when consumers compare, they compare the elite to the PS3 they don't include the arcade, the PS3 currently matches the elite in price, so that gives it the advantage, but that advantage will be gone as soon as the 360 gains price advantage.

I think you're forgetting the fact that the 360 will get a price cut around September and when it does get a price cut, it'll most likely be a $50 cut.

And even with that cut, Europe will still be in PS3's favour by a decent margin.

no 360 will probably cut twice, once when the Sony wand launches, and another stealth cut when NATAL launches

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Xoj said:
it depends on what nintendo does, if the next wii if not that much powerful than ps3

we may see getting port of third party casual games, for the ps3.
even then sony will be supporting all its platform like the always did.

Consumers not companies decide Console life spans, so Sony can support PS3 until the end of the universe, if no one buys it, then it won't make one ounce of difference, PS4 will be its death knell

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^lack of profits, third place, certain failure of the wand (read disruption theory to understand why)

Take your pick carl

What do any of them have to do with how much PS3 will sell lifetime? Looks to me like your usual trolling...

Sales. Which are currently actually not inline with PS1, but above PS1... Which managed to sell over 100 Million units. Now, im not saying PS3 will hit the 100M milestone, but the future is indeed bright for the PS3.

Yet to hit a mass market price and still yet to see colours or its biggest exclusive. Also room for another redesign... And with 3D becoming pretty big and popular, it has that in the bag too.

Sorry Carl, but compare to PSP:

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PSP®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=PSP®3=All&weeks=240

PSP is higher than PS3 and is around 55 million, so PS3 has probably less potential than PSP in a best case scenario, since its undertracking the PSP, but even more problematic is the 360 is its competitor, so it has to face the fact that if 360 price drops, PS3's sales will drop off, so it probably has even less potential than the PSP overall.

PS3 is also limited by the fact that when the PS4 is announced, PS3 sales will drop off, as people will be looking to the next gen, so PS3 does have limits on how much it will sell which are clearly visible, and its nowhere near the PS1

Comparing a handheld with very little support and mas spiracy to a console with a fuck load of support and basicly no piracy... Okay, but hey! YOU gave me an idea.

Aligned launched eh? Comparing PS3 to PSP aligned? Just take a look at this graph.

As we can see, 360 has less potential than the PS3 and PSP... So PS3 will obviously finish up with more sales in the end. And when the next 360 is announced, 360 sales will drop off as people will be looking to the next gen or PS3.

Now please, bring your spin to this one, i find it amusing.

Less potential, but a year ahead Carl, see PS3 will have one less year on the market than 360, so while PS3 might have more potential, it won't live long enough to meet it, because as I pointed out when PS4 is announced PS3 is dead

So the exact day the 360 is discontinued will also be the exact day the PS3 is discontinued?

lolwut?

And how exactly when PS4 is announced, will PS3 die? You are once again... Wrong.

Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Carl2291 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Take your pick carl

What do any of them have to do with how much PS3 will sell lifetime? Looks to me like your usual trolling...

Sales. Which are currently actually not inline with PS1, but above PS1... Which managed to sell over 100 Million units. Now, im not saying PS3 will hit the 100M milestone, but the future is indeed bright for the PS3.

Yet to hit a mass market price and still yet to see colours or its biggest exclusive. Also room for another redesign... And with 3D becoming pretty big and popular, it has that in the bag too.

Sorry Carl, but compare to PSP:

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PSP®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=PSP®3=All&weeks=240

PSP is higher than PS3 and is around 55 million, so PS3 has probably less potential than PSP in a best case scenario, since its undertracking the PSP, but even more problematic is the 360 is its competitor, so it has to face the fact that if 360 price drops, PS3's sales will drop off, so it probably has even less potential than the PSP overall.

PS3 is also limited by the fact that when the PS4 is announced, PS3 sales will drop off, as people will be looking to the next gen, so PS3 does have limits on how much it will sell which are clearly visible, and its nowhere near the PS1

Comparing a handheld with very little support and mas spiracy to a console with a fuck load of support and basicly no piracy... Okay, but hey! YOU gave me an idea.

Aligned launched eh? Comparing PS3 to PSP aligned? Just take a look at this graph.

As we can see, 360 has less potential than the PS3 and PSP... So PS3 will obviously finish up with more sales in the end. And when the next 360 is announced, 360 sales will drop off as people will be looking to the next gen or PS3.

Now please, bring your spin to this one, i find it amusing.

Less potential, but a year ahead Carl, see PS3 will have one less year on the market than 360, so while PS3 might have more potential, it won't live long enough to meet it, because as I pointed out when PS4 is announced PS3 is dead

So the exact day the 360 is discontinued will also be the exact day the PS3 is discontinued?

lolwut?

And how exactly when PS4 is announced, will PS3 die? You are once again... Wrong.

dude you are just putting words in his mouth

staff should know better, even i do

@Carl

No, not wrong, the PS3 will die, because people will stop buying it, its a third place console, and only first place consoles live to next gens, the PS3 will lose consumer support when the PS4 is announced and will die, and since it'll liely be announced around the same time as the 720, well that's why the 360 will have the year advantage, cause it'll start dying out around that time as well