By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS: Over 39 million Xbox 360 consoles around the world!

Greats news for MS.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

this are some great news for the 360. it's selling like 10M per year.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Good Numbers for MS.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

darthdevidem01 said:
is xbox 360 undertracked

I mean 3 million on shelves?

There are over 6 million PS2's on the shelf so...

darthdevidem01 said:
is xbox 360 undertracked

I mean 3 million on shelves?

With number of this week on VGC... more like 2 million on shelves... fine for me.

Around the Network

We can expect some rebate and discounts to clean out all of this inventory to ensure Natal Xbox is the optimal choice.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Maybe retailers sold fewer 360's then they were anticipating in the holiday season...

2.5 Million on shelves seems much but they probably overestimated the sales for Xbox360 maybe they thought their offers would be better accepted. I dont think that suddenly the Xbox had a equal year to 2008. They didnt sold 1 Million or even 500k more the whole year they were down yoy. They are not significantly undertracked at best maybe 50-100k. The holidays fit perfectly in the picture of the 360 from the whole year.

@Netyaroze

MS numbers is from end December... Missing a week for VGC numbers (Others already appeared).

So... over 39M MS and over 37M VGC = 2M on shelves.

For me this is fine because retails expected sell like last year for 360 and the sales down.... result: more 360 on shelves.

Or may be as usual gro$oft lies as they lie in france when they said : "we are ahead the ps3 at the end of november '09"

Gfk replys : you lie, PS3 is ahead 360 and by a large margin.