By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - A lot of Kotaku members think VGChartz is bogus

what is up with the actual vgcharts.com, it seems to have like 5 members and is currently updated to March or something.

Guy who runs it must have a lot of money because there are no adverts and no-one visits it, yet it is still going.

oh wait, there are a few adverts, but i thought the amount you get paid from advertisers depended on the sites hit rate (more people=more money)

Also that site actually does just have copies of NPD numbers etc.

Around the Network

Kotaku members can be really myopic and narrow-minded. It wasn't always that way but that's how it is now.

I repped for VGChartz in a few of those stories by the way. 

I decided to start posting here after long time lurking because I really like this site, what it stands for, and its thoughtful membership. All blessings come to VGChartz because they deserve it.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Ya Kotaku was a much better site about a year or two ago. Now it's over run by people that hate everything. Why can't people love games for being fun and entertaining? Why does it always have to be about da Grafx or da size of da disk? Like who cares? Show me a fun game and I will play it!

The comments should be turned off on Kotaku, it ruins the site but then again Kotaku loves it's comments as it dishes all it's news stories as though they're going to the morgue to be burned. I still visit Kotaku every day, but it's going the way of Gamespot in my eyes.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

What i still don't understand is: even if vgchartz was taking info from other sources, and adjusting numbers and all that.. who gives a crap.. to me vgchartz is a place where i can get easy access to user friendly charts and sales figures.. i don't understand why it matters who the source is to random forum goers

Of course, I know better than that anyways