By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (7.9)

Just gonna wait for RRR2 to show up. I'll grab one or the other, eventually. Unfortunately, the list of games I want to buy is getting to be longer than the list of games I've bought. :(

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

"as incredibly difficult as requiring the player to beat Mario's rival (Sonic, of course) in a 100m dash."

AH-HAH! So Sonic's speed is taken advantage of in this game. I remember too many complaints about Sonic not beating Mario by a mile in the trailers.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Okay, I just got the game. I'll post some reviews once I've had a chance to try it out.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"as incredibly difficult as requiring the player to beat Mario's rival (Sonic, of course) in a 100m dash."

AH-HAH! So Sonic's speed is taken advantage of in this game. I remember too many complaints about Sonic not beating Mario by a mile in the trailers.

Yeah I read the review and caught that snippet too. Basically in most play modes the difference in character abilities is minor, but the mission mode throws balance to the wind and gives each character their true abilities more or less. I think that was a great design decision by the development team as well LordTheNightKnight.

I think all the hype was Delivered by Sega's "3 million sold" comment.

And hey, if they reach that mark, good for em, and though I'm a bit curious, I've got more than enough to keep me entertained and not go through the painful reminder that I was once an olympic caliber limbo champion.

"Noo boy! Your young spine can't handle it!"

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.