By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN review Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (7.9)

Hmm...

I'm just saying "Hmm..." so that more people don't try to answer the question.

Around the Network

If there's 2 games you wanna play online it's Wii Sports and this. Imagine having customised Declathons/ Olympics online - would have been perfect as it's one of those things that anyone can play, as the controls are simple, but people that have methods / rhythms will always win, so people would have weak and strong points.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

MontanaHatchet said:
Didn't I just make a thread calling out fellow Wii owners and asking where the hype was, and most of you said there never was any in the first place?

Now the game gets a 7.9 and you all are swayed like a plastic bag.

It's just unbelievable.

Bullshit. You asked where the hype is, and people told you they haven't seen a lot of hype -> they don't expect this game to be very successful. That doesn't mean they don't look forward to it, personally.

What's more, if you look at your thread, you'll find that Sqrl is the ONLY person to have posted in both threads. Stop pretending that Wii users are a bunch of brainless idiots.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

I've already got to many games on my plate. This will have to be a rental for me. Sound like fun with your mates though.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Wow. Here I was fully expecting this game to be a half-baked effort to attract casual gamers. Turns out it's the highest-rated Sonic game in years. =P

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

this is exactly the review i was expecting and i'm quite happy with it, the game is mainly marked down for not having online modes which i wouldnt have used anyway.

As long as its good fun with 3-4 players i can see this getting a lot of play in my house. We actually wore out our copy of track n field 200o on the PS1.

Garcian Smith said:
Wow. Here I was fully expecting this game to be a half-baked effort to attract casual gamers. Turns out it's the highest-rated Sonic game in years. =P

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much Garcian As for the game itself, I am still not interested. I am glad it isn't the crap fest that Mario Party 8 is supposed to be. I am more concerned with Sega's other holiday title personally. Hopefully NiGHTS will be able to net at least an 8.0 GR average. Not betting on it but I can hope.

7.9, that'sa gooda enough for me!

I was interested in this game and will be purchasing it now, but I think a lot of us figured it might prove to be crap. I use to love those old school Olympics games on PC (the poor beating my keyboard use to get). This looks like it'll be just plain good old fun.

Like i said in Montanta's thread. I want the game, just got too many good games to purchase it.

Considering it wasn't in the software numbers, i don't think anyone did. Or am I off? I mean Bw2 was in the numbers so it was for that week right? Or will M&S be in the next charts?

Kasz216 said:
Like i said in Montanta's thread. I want the game, just got too many good games to purchase it.

Considering it wasn't in the software numbers, i don't think anyone did. Or am I off? I mean Bw2 was in the numbers so it was for that week right? Or will M&S be in the next charts?

It will be in next weeks chart.  It has only been out for 2 days.