By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will NSMB Wii reach 10m faster than any other single-console game?

Will NSMB Wii reach 10m faster than any other single-console game?

Yes! 118 76.13%

No! 13 8.39%

....Holy Hell, it's selling THAT fast?! 24 15.48%

Total:155

Japan should have one more  BIG week post dec 26th.   The big selling period there usually ends Jan 6th or so.     Supply is looking like a key issue.  It appears the software is selling ahead of Nintendo's own high expectations.

niallyb

Around the Network

The post holiday drop off will not be huge, at least not in North America. The game has been sold out consistently since about 1.5 weeks before Christmas. What we get, we sell within an hour. That won't change for at least another 2-3 weeks. It's going to take awhile for supply to catch up with pre-Christmas (and post-Christmas) demand.

NSMBW will break this record easily.

only when doves cry

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

My prediction is it will be the biggest selling non bundled game ever!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Looks like NSMBWii got another adjustment up, even before this week's numbers.

It's sitting at 9.25 million with only one region in for the week, and it's the game's weakest region.

This is almost sickening

Around the Network

Wow! More adjustments???

Madness! Call the Guiness Book, it's definately going to be the fastest to reach 10 millions! (and 20, maybe 30...)

Ooh boy, another day... another upwards adjustment. Simply incredible sales, and well deserved.

Maybe this can restore Iga's faith in the performance of 2D titles in the console business.

If you factor in the 2??k that is confirmed for japan and another 2-300k for America that would almost put it over 10 million with these weeks numbers alone.

ioi said:
Yes it will do 10m in 7 weeks which is easily an all-time record.

Can I take that as Word of God concerning this week's numbers?

Oh, I see!

I'm not aligning launches here, though - it'd be a bit unfair! But I'd say eight weeks is in the bag - does that sound right to you?