By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will NSMB Wii reach 10m faster than any other single-console game?

Will NSMB Wii reach 10m faster than any other single-console game?

Yes! 118 76.13%

No! 13 8.39%

....Holy Hell, it's selling THAT fast?! 24 15.48%

Total:155

The game may be somewhat undertracked in Europe/Others. Hard to say.

It's, uh. It's looking more and more likely, I suppose.

Around the Network

Guys look at japan sales not even Wii sports has that sales there NSMBW will become best-selling Wii game there

with the recent adjustments, it will most likely beat San Andreas as the fastest selling single console game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It only needs 1.4 million in the next 3 weeks and it sold 1.7 last week. It's going to happen. There's no question here.

1.4 million in two weeks? Hmm....

Not sure, actually. Post Christmas weeks drops pretty dramatically, if I remember correctly. Then again, it just might. It's selling like crazy...

I'll still go with no. Even though it will be very close.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
It only needs 1.4 million in the next 3 weeks and it sold 1.7 last week. It's going to happen. There's no question here.

people also need to remember that Nintendo already said it hit 2.5m in Europe, considering they have 1 extra week of data and that VGChartz is at 2.1m for Others, we can expect at least a tiny adjustment and another 300-400k week in Others for a net gain of ~0.5m next week, so it really only needs 0.9m in 3 weeks of NA/JP and 2 weeks of Others.

I'm also wondering how big of a dropoff we should expect since the holiday season ended. Even with a 50% dropoff in NA that is a 400k week.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:

people also need to remember that Nintendo already said it hit 2.5m in Europe, considering they have 1 extra week of data and that VGChartz is at 2.1m for Others, we can expect at least a tiny adjustment and another 300-400k week in Others for a net gain of ~0.5m next week, so it really only needs 0.9m in 3 weeks of NA/JP and 2 weeks of Others.

I'm also wondering how big of a dropoff we should expect since the holiday season ended. Even with a 50% dropoff in NA that is a 400k week.

I'm just wondering, if you want it to sell faster, shouldn't it have to sell 10 million in 8 weeks? That's what I was thinking.

And I do think the dropoff is going to be pretty huge. Then again, I am often wrong :(

This is invisible text!

the holidays are over
so... this week 600k = 9.2mil
2nd week 500k = 9.7mil
3rd 400k = 10.1mil
maybe, I'll go with 50:50

Killergran said:

I'm just wondering, if you want it to sell faster, shouldn't it have to sell 10 million in 8 weeks? That's what I was thinking.

And I do think the dropoff is going to be pretty huge. Then again, I am often wrong :(

This is indeed the problem!

Killergran said:
nordlead said:

uh... yea. However, if it sells more than 10m (by a large enough quantity) then you can infer that it must have crossed 10m earlier in the week. Either way, I didn't think it through all the way when I was posting Either way, about 0.9m in 2 weeks NA/JP, 1 week others