By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nielsen study: 52% of PSP owners... female.

Really, i wonder how many of them pirate.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I believe this study. My gf plays dissidia a lot.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
outlawauron said:
How are two screens a feature?

What's next? It has a clamshell case!

Why not? That's certainly a plus.

Maybe this speaks to the fact that a lot of males may have given up on the PSP?

Seriously, I don't see a lot of people with handhelds walking around -- everyone has their cell phone where I am (a university campus). When I have seen handhelds, it is the DS.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Its weird indeed. especially because i just looked how much hannah montana sold on the PSP. There is just one hannah montana game for PSP out there and it not even managed to sell 50k.

And someonehere mentioned that because PSP has tons of petting simulators. can someone give an example ? There is no Barbie game.

Ok the Sims 2 is a decent success (for PSP) with 300k sold. Sims castaway is 58k But nevertheless it doesnt matter much

So there are just a few options:

1 The girls buy a PSP not to play games but use it as a media player or Wifi device.

2 The Girls are pirating the games and because they can get all the games they want for free they buy a PSP.

3. The study is wrong.

4. They play similar games but noone notice it because the PSP is pirated heavily so all the males pirate it and all the girls are buying the male games legit in the stores. So the sales numbers for software represent just girls and not boys.

Is this study representing just USA ? 

Around the Network

Did Nielsen provide some sort of methodology of this analysis? I'd like to see one.

It's a possibility I guess? My wife loves the PSP and DS. There are definitely more female handheld gamers.

It's just that simple.

^ Maybe you are right but this would mean that DS has similar numbers but why they didnt mentioned the DS.

atma998 said:
outlawauron said:
How are two screens a feature?

What's next? It has a clamshell case!

Why not? That's certainly a plus.

Eh, whatever. I'm just saying that the entire argument is just dumb.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Doesn't surprise me. There are alot more female gamers than you all think.

FPSs, Lan Parties - you will probably not find them.

jRPGs, Anime Conventions - you will find them.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.