By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Broken sword: Shadow of the Templars kicks arse!

patjuan32 said:
I'd been wanting to play Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars back when it was released for the GBA. However, I did purchased the version for the Wii. Now I just need to finish my backlog of games so that I can sit down and enjoy the game. I just wish more developers would try to bring more point click adventure games over to the Wii and the DS. Those two platforms seem like a natural fit for these types of games. But this is wishful thinking since many publishers consider point and click adventure games a dead genre, sadly.

Actually, the genre's seen something of a mini-Renaissance on those systems. It's nothing to match the Golden Age of the 90's, of course, but it's nothing to sneeze at either. It's just that many of those games go completely unnoticed by the media, and hence by us.

Around the Network
gansito said:
you inspired me to give this game a try :)

I can assure you, you shan't regret it.

They'll bring the Broken Sword Director's Cut to iPhone and PC (digital and retail) as well, which also explains why they only released Broken Sword 2 and 3 so far on Steam/Good Old Games and not the first one.

So Broken Sword and a remastered version of Beneath a Steel Sky have been re-released on several systems (BASS on iPhone only so far).

It's good to see more people enjoying these classic Revolution Software games, same for LucasArts' classics (who unfortunatley ignored the Wii/DS with their Secret of Monkey Island remake - at least up to now).

To me the most interesting question regarding Revolution Software's future:
Will they ever develop new games or did they become a company which relies on re-releases only?

I still need to get this one, i remember playing the original on the PC but i never finished it.

Same with monkey island, too many good games to play.