By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales

I just want good games, I couldn't care less if they are 'mature' or not. Gaming is not mature is it? It's child-like.

@Demonfox: I'm surprised you rate Muramasa so highly. It's good, but I've played a lot of better games over the last few weeks: New Super Mario Bros Wii, Modern Warfare Reflex, The Beatles, Monkey Island, Lost Winds 2 and Darkside Chronicles were all better in my opinion.

Those games were all 'mature' enough for me. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about when we get the games such as I've just listed over a couple of months.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
demonfox13 said:

Doesn't change the fact that given the install base of the Wii and that alot of action/rpg lovers have the system it should have sold considerably more.

PS2 had a much larger install base and a much larger number of action/RPG lovers and Vanillawere titles had similar numbers.

demonfox13 said:
PhantomLink said:
Vanillaware titles are not exactly mainstream, so I think that bashing Muramasa sales is completely wrong.

Doesn't change the fact that given the install base of the Wii and that alot of action/rpg lovers have the system it should have sold considerably more. I am not bashing Muramasa as far as quality because as I said, I would buy a Wii for that game and that game only (something Zelda will never make me do unless they do an Ocarina of Time remake). Look at Demon's Souls. How much more niche can you get than that and no euro release either with an even smaller install base to the Wii. Care to explain that one to me? You can also look at VC. Point that I am trying to make is wtf are Wii owners buying? A second copy of Wii sports? Another gimmick fitness game? You guys have some amazing titles that don't translate to sales when it easily can. Top seller is what Wii sports? lol. My "bash" is more of a frustration at seeing such quality titles go to "waste" when anyone who has a clue about gaming regardless of what system they own would pick up Muramasa in a heartbeat. Perhaps since I haven't owned a Ninty system since SNES, I am not blinded by JUST focusing on mario, metroid and zelda and that's why I could appreciate titles on YOUR system that break away from the typical franchises and that stay away from gimmicks. This isn't a bash on the Wii, on the contrary, it's a praise for being able to bring something different to the table. I also liked madworld as much as I liked Wet (both good games).

You can cherrypick on every system.  Why did Folklore and 3D Dot Game Heroes bomb on PS3 if action RPGs sell so well there.  Hell, the 3 best selling Japanese Action RPGs this gen (Zelda TP, MH3, Super Paper Mario) are all Wii games.

Muramasa is doing okay, comparably to the last similar game from this developer on PS2.  I'm not sure how you can really spin that?

alfredofroylan said:
demonfox13 said:

Doesn't change the fact that given the install base of the Wii and that alot of action/rpg lovers have the system it should have sold considerably more.

PS2 had a much larger install base and a much larger number of action/RPG lovers and Vanillawere titles had similar numbers.

Which is also sad and that doesn't change anything at all in my statement. I am also dissapointed in the Vagrant Story sales, a game which I consider better than just about any FF game out (6 can rival it). If it's not Ninty, Square (MAINLY final fantasy to be exact), Capcom, then many people won't buy and I find it silly.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Well, that doesn't mean they won't publish any of them, right?

Around the Network
jarrod said:
demonfox13 said:
PhantomLink said:
Vanillaware titles are not exactly mainstream, so I think that bashing Muramasa sales is completely wrong.

Doesn't change the fact that given the install base of the Wii and that alot of action/rpg lovers have the system it should have sold considerably more. I am not bashing Muramasa as far as quality because as I said, I would buy a Wii for that game and that game only (something Zelda will never make me do unless they do an Ocarina of Time remake). Look at Demon's Souls. How much more niche can you get than that and no euro release either with an even smaller install base to the Wii. Care to explain that one to me? You can also look at VC. Point that I am trying to make is wtf are Wii owners buying? A second copy of Wii sports? Another gimmick fitness game? You guys have some amazing titles that don't translate to sales when it easily can. Top seller is what Wii sports? lol. My "bash" is more of a frustration at seeing such quality titles go to "waste" when anyone who has a clue about gaming regardless of what system they own would pick up Muramasa in a heartbeat. Perhaps since I haven't owned a Ninty system since SNES, I am not blinded by JUST focusing on mario, metroid and zelda and that's why I could appreciate titles on YOUR system that break away from the typical franchises and that stay away from gimmicks. This isn't a bash on the Wii, on the contrary, it's a praise for being able to bring something different to the table. I also liked madworld as much as I liked Wet (both good games).

You can cherrypick on every system.  Why did Folklore and 3D Dot Game Heroes bomb on PS3 if action RPGs sell so well there.  Hell, the 3 best selling Japanese Action RPGs this gen (Zelda TP, MH3, Super Paper Mario) are all Wii games.

Muramasa is doing okay, comparably to the last similar game from this developer on PS2.  I'm not sure how you can really spin that?

3D dot game heroes isn't released in the US unless there is a time machine you wanna lend me. Folklore was meh (repetitive as far as playing both characters goes). Again you have just agreed with my point of "if it's not Zelda, Mario or Metroid game" as far as sales go, although MH is the anomally....oh but wait, it falls in line with my other point...it is capcom. :). And btw, when did I defend the PS2 as far as the lack of great game purchases? 

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Thechalkblock said:

That's a good point actually, the only Mature title developed by Sega recently is Yazuka, well and Golden Axe wich is terrible and we should not speak about it.

3D dot game heroes isn't released in the US unless there is a time machine you wanna lend me. Folklore was meh (repetitive as far as playing both characters goes)

I have so little faith in 3D dot heroes, it's nice to see somebody thinking is going to have good sales here. Folklore was good in my opinion, the camera is horrible but the game designa and music is beautiful

demonfox13 said:
jarrod said:
demonfox13 said:
PhantomLink said:

3D dot game heroes isn't released in the US unless there is a time machine you wanna lend me. Folklore was meh (repetitive as far as playing both characters goes). Again you have just agreed with my point of "if it's not Zelda, Mario or Metroid game" as far as sales go, although MH is the anomally....oh but wait, it falls in line with my other point...it is capcom. :). And btw, when did I defend the PS2 as far as the lack of great game purchases? 

Well, we can look at Japanese sales.  Demon's Soul still sold 100k+ while 3DGH sold 10k. Both From games, both arpgs, both on PS3. Muramasa sold 50k there btw.

alfredofroylan said:
Thechalkblock said:

That's a good point actually, the only Mature title developed by Sega recently is Yazuka, well and Golden Axe wich is terrible and we should not speak about it.

3D dot game heroes isn't released in the US unless there is a time machine you wanna lend me. Folklore was meh (repetitive as far as playing both characters goes)

I have so little faith in 3D dot heroes, it's nice to see somebody thinking is going to have good sales here. Folklore was good in my opinion, the camera is horrible but the game designa and music is beautiful

Golden Axe can from this producer's studio btw.  As did Iron Man.  Maybe we should be thankful he's not interested in Wii content...

alfredofroylan said:
Thechalkblock said:

Golden Axe... D:

Speaking of Yakuza... I want a western release.