By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console you're getting "Final Fantasy XIII" for?

What console you're getting "Final Fantasy XIII" for?

Playstation 3 212 72.35%

Xbox 360 47 16.04%

Not buying the game 34 11.60%

Total:293

I'll be renting the PS3 version.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Horrorfest said:

I'll be getting the superior version which is the PS3. Getting the 360 version would be like getting The Orange Box for the PS3. If you have a 360 you get Orange Box for that and for Final Fantasy XIII you get it for PS3. But if all else fails Orange Box for the PS3 is no where near as bad as it was made out to be and FF13 will be as close as possible to equal with the PS3 version. However it's basically made for the PS3 so it will not be equal.

*sigh*

The thing about the PS3 version of Orange Box is that it was developed by a different team completely. Final Fantasy XIII is being ported by the same team, so the quality will be much closer to the "superior version". If anything it will turn out like Tekken 6 where the PS3 version was shafted to bring the 360 version up to par

How exactly was the PS3 version of tekken 6 shafted in favor of the 360 version? i see no major dif between the two to be honest, other then the fact the 360 version take even longer to load battles then the PS3 does.

And lol @ your other post, what did SONY themeselves ban you for?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
dsister44 said:
Horrorfest said:

I'll be getting the superior version which is the PS3. Getting the 360 version would be like getting The Orange Box for the PS3. If you have a 360 you get Orange Box for that and for Final Fantasy XIII you get it for PS3. But if all else fails Orange Box for the PS3 is no where near as bad as it was made out to be and FF13 will be as close as possible to equal with the PS3 version. However it's basically made for the PS3 so it will not be equal.

*sigh*

The thing about the PS3 version of Orange Box is that it was developed by a different team completely. Final Fantasy XIII is being ported by the same team, so the quality will be much closer to the "superior version". If anything it will turn out like Tekken 6 where the PS3 version was shafted to bring the 360 version up to par

How exactly was the PS3 version of tekken 6 shafted in favor of the 360 version? i see no major dif between the two to be honest, other then the fact the 360 version take even longer to load battles then the PS3 does.

And lol @ your other post, what did SONY themeselves ban you for?

Now I might be wrong about this but I heard that the PS3 version Tekken 6 was done way before launch, and was put on hold till the 360 version was ready for release. Now maybe "shafted" wasn't the correct word, but it seemed that a lot of the complaints that I heard about Tekken were that the graphics were not up to snuff. And if they were to have released it when they had originally finished instead of when the 360 version was finished the graphics would have seemed nicer

Actually I wasn't banned. It was bad programming on Sony's part. If you read the fourth line down then you can see it is meant for Fanofelway###. I was just bored one day and wanted to check out the forums

Ill be getting the 360 version.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

PS3 version by default. But if I did own both consoles, I would still get it on PS3. Some games are just meant to be played on certain consoles. It's like Halo on PS3, it just wouldn't feel right. :P

Around the Network

I'll wait for reviews before making a final decision, but most likely PS3.

getting the ps3 version, i don't have a 360 though. I would still go with the PS3 version even if i had a 360 but honestly it makes little difference to me.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I will have to wait for the Western reviews to be released before making a decision in regards to buying this game.
Japanese reviews can not be trusted and they have given out very random reviews in the past that have been totally contradicted by Western reviewers.

How come there is no undecided option in the poll?

I only have a ps3, but even f I had the 360 I wouldn't get it for it. I hear that the ps3 version is going to be so much better.Anyways If I had a 360 I would have of bought bayonetta or at least gave it a rent, but on the ps3 it's so much worse for some stupid reason. Oh well.

360..... oh, wait. what I meant was PS3.