By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (12/21 - 12/27)

dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Vg chartz should update the numbers for VC and with america new numbers it will skyrocket to 800k

who cares about that silly game.

I CARE BECAUSE IT WILL OUTSELL LOST ODYSSEY THIS WEEK

just curious, that matters, why?

because i have a thread called Valkyria Chronicles vs Lost Odyssey with sales

yeah I'm kinda curious about that too, like, why? I mean I have VC and I love that game but it's SRPG so I don't even know how it can be compared to Lost Odyssey. Just kinda confused and need some explaination.

Strategy rpgs can be  japanese role play games(JRPG) as  action rpg are as all rpg can be jrpgsJRPG means japanese rpg and SRPG means strategy rpg they are both rpgs from japan by jp developers and they are in one category srpg is in jrpg

That's like saying WRPGs are RPGs just as JRPGs are RPGs even though they have different style and game play so they should just all fit in one category of RPGs and we should be then comparing Mass Effect to Valkyria Chronicles too. Point is Lost Odyssey and VC are very different games no matter who made them or where they came out from. I'm happy that VC is still selling personally, just don't exactly see the connections is all I'm getting at.

1. mass effect is made by american developers 2. you can 't understand that SRPG can be JRPG but WRPG can 't be JRPG 3.  you have confused the definition in your mind of JRPGS then FFTactics is not a jrpg or any other rpg from japan that involes strategy and what thee gameplay has to do with when a jrpg is from japan or not if you can 't except innovative jrpgs stay with the old style

Around the Network
Soriku said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
bmmb1 said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Vg chartz should update the numbers for VC and with america new numbers it will skyrocket to 800k

Actually I seem to recall reading that VC in the US are (or were?) largely overtracked when compared to NPD numbers.

wait for the annual update of NPD

NPD had it at 130k LTD last time...I don't see the game changing much when it comes to NPD. I really think the game is largely overtracked here...

lol at Tomadatchi.

How about this... NPD are undertracking it. But no, that's never a possiblity is it!? ¬_¬

OT: NSMB is pretty damn awesome. Tomodatchi is god. FF sees some good numbers for 2nd week.

dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

yeah I'm kinda curious about that too, like, why? I mean I have VC and I love that game but it's SRPG so I don't even know how it can be compared to Lost Odyssey. Just kinda confused and need some explaination.

Strategy rpgs can be  japanese role play games(JRPG) as  action rpg are as all rpg can be jrpgsJRPG means japanese rpg and SRPG means strategy rpg they are both rpgs from japan by jp developers and they are in one category srpg is in jrpg

That's like saying WRPGs are RPGs just as JRPGs are RPGs even though they have different style and game play so they should just all fit in one category of RPGs and we should be then comparing Mass Effect to Valkyria Chronicles too. Point is Lost Odyssey and VC are very different games no matter who made them or where they came out from. I'm happy that VC is still selling personally, just don't exactly see the connections is all I'm getting at.

I'll tell you what the connection is. The Xbox 360 got a lot of (exclusive) JRPG's in the past years, way  more than PS3 did. A lot of gamers, specially PS3-gamers, were sad by this because they were waiting for JRPG's to release on the PS3, while the Xbox 360 got plenty. Looking at past generations the PS1 and PS2 was the console to buy if you were looking for JRPG's. So when all these JRPG's came to the Xbox 360 instead of the PS3, it became clear that those games didn't sell that much on the Xbox 360. The result is that PS3-gamers are shouting that the Xbox 360 is not the best platform to release a JRPG on and that a better choice would be the PS3.

So, when Valkyria Chronicles, a Strategy JRPG, is selling more than Lost Odyssey, a normal JRPG, which normally sell better than niche Strategy JRPG's, than that's proving the point of PS3 owners that the PS3 is the better platform to release a JRPG on. That's a connection. Maybe not THE connection, but it's a connection. Personally, i don't care which game sells more, but it's clear that PS3-owners love JRPG's more than Xbox 360-owners do.

edjevink said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

I'll tell you what the connection is. The Xbox 360 got a lot of (exclusive) JRPG's in the past years, way  more than PS3 did. A lot of gamers, specially PS3-gamers, were sad by this because they were waiting for JRPG's to release on the PS3, while the Xbox 360 got plenty. Looking at past generations the PS1 and PS2 was the console to buy if you were looking for JRPG's. So when all these JRPG's came to the Xbox 360 instead of the PS3, it became clear that those games didn't sell that much on the Xbox 360. The result is that PS3-gamers are shouting that the Xbox 360 is not the best platform to release a JRPG on and that a better choice would be the PS3.

So, when Valkyria Chronicles, a Strategy JRPG, is selling more than Lost Odyssey, a normal JRPG, which normally sell better than niche Strategy JRPG's, than that's proving the point of PS3 owners that the PS3 is the better platform to release a JRPG on. That's a connection. Maybe not THE connection, but it's a connection. Personally, i don't care which game sells more, but it's clear that PS3-owners love JRPG's more than Xbox 360-owners do.

actually the connection is that they are both HD JRPGS

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

1. mass effect is made by american developers 2. you can 't understand that SRPG can be JRPG but WRPG can 't be JRPG 3.  you have confused the definition in your mind of JRPGS then FFTactics is not a jrpg or any other rpg from japan that involes strategy and what thee gameplay has to do with when a jrpg is from japan or not if you can 't except innovative jrpgs stay with the old style

See, that's the thing, you are not really comparing games, you are comparing regions of games instead of actual category of games and is therefore generalizing them as my yellow bold in a smaller scale, when they are very different types of RPGs. It doesn't go both ways dood.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

See, that's the thing, you are not really comparing games, you are comparing regions of games instead of actual category of games and is therefore generalizing them as my yellow bold in a smaller scale, when they are very different types of RPGs. It doesn't go both ways dood.

JRPGS are not necessery FFX/VII turn-based games take thet belief out of your  mind and you can compare an rpg to an rpg

edjevink said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

I still find it hard to compare since VC is more of a game with good legs aka Wii type rather than 360 burst sales in general so companies still won't realize that fact because analysts working in corp environments are usually(not all, just most) retarded fucks, but right now imo PS3 is much better for JRPGs since well, they are more completed apparently, as Namco would say haha.

Barozi said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Soriku said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
bmmb1 said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

Actually I seem to recall reading that VC in the US are (or were?) largely overtracked when compared to NPD numbers.

wait for the annual update of NPD

NPD had it at 130k LTD last time...I don't see the game changing much when it comes to NPD. I really think the game is largely overtracked here...

lol at Tomadatchi.

sorry to dissapoint you but this was from last year

nope: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?s=412e91f2fa14d4894de1abfa52bfb3b3&p=12911953&postcount=1277

Damn...

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
dahuman said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
Neos said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

JRPGS are not necessery FFX/VII turn-based games take thet belief out of your  mind and you can compare an rpg to an rpg

stop agreeing with me already =P I might have confused you lol, that wasn't my intention.

Nice,im glad NSMBWii and XIII are still up there!