By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (12/21 - 12/27)

Not convinced FFXIII will get to 2m in Japan given this drop occured over the holidays. Will need price cuts/re-release(s).

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

yeah you're probably right source, after first day to first week sales i thought maybe the legs were gonna be better than i thought, but 2nd week drop is quite big even for a FF title. 2M is certainly not certain.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

so all the hate on TheSource "underestimate" FFXIII's second week can stop now? Or MC is undertracking the game and Famitsu is always more accurate?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

TheSource said:

Not convinced FFXIII will get to 2m in Japan given this drop occured over the holidays. Will need price cuts/re-release(s).

Might not even sell out it's first shipment completely with this sort of drop.  We could be looking at a MH3 repeat, only this time it can't be blamed on SKU hijinks.

jarrod said:
TheSource said:

Might not even sell out it's first shipment completely with this sort of drop.  We could be looking at a MH3 repeat, only this time it can't be blamed on SKU hijinks.

wouldn't go that far, it only has like 110k left to go.  MH3 still has more unsold copies then that, although the multiple SKUs had something to do with that.  They still shipped more copies even with all the unsold stand alones.  It's looking more like 1.9 million or so right now.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
jarrod said:
TheSource said:

You don't think it'll sell 110k?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Taiko's comeback has been awesome. I'm really curious how Musou and Graces held up. I'm guess well on the former, badly on the latter. Momotaru might be doing good numbers too. Shame about FFCC though.

Under 200k is a surprise for FFXIII though. I figured it'd be less frontloaded with the holiday, but it's almost in line for the rest of the series. 2m isn't going to happen at this rate, maybe they should've released the 360 version to cover it?

Zelda's debut is a little disappointing too imo. Though it did as well as PH, I was hoping for better. :/

outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
TheSource said:

You don't think it'll sell 110k?

I think it'll be close.  I said "might" though, and also like MH3, I expect a small 2nd shipment regardless (to cover specific regional demand).

ff13 is already price cut around my neighbor shop

now ppl can buy it 65oo yen, i m expecting from otoshidama boost

↑ drawn by Tino Vainamoinen aka ex-NFG.  thx 

へんたい from japan, sorry.my english is suck,so plain english plz.  thx

A cleaner translation from someone who can read Japanese -

01. / 02. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 506,000 / 2,440,000
02. / 00. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) - 291,000 / NEW
03. / 03. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 227,000 / 2,317,000
04. / 01. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) - 189,000 / 1,690,000
05. / 04. [NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (Pokemon) - 125,000 / 3,465,000
06. / 05. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 114,000 / 1,315,000
07. / 06. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2 Fire/Blizzard (Level 5) - 99,000 / 908,000
08. / 11. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 72,000 / 1,568,000
09. / 12. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 (Bandai Namco) - 64,000 / 200,000
10. / 08. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Spirits (Level 5) - 64,000 / 559,000

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu