By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (12/21 - 12/27)

Taiko is what Tales used to be - a series with frequent entries but with a stable platform base.

ph4nt said:
hkthui said:
Carl2291 said:
outlawauron said:
ioi has already commented on it and I may have to bookmark the post just for reposting purposes if people keep bringing it up.

Lemme guess, on Valkyria sales and a bunch of peoples crusade to get it adjusted down?

Don't be so paranoid. 

I always trust NPD's data more because they are a leading market research company and the big 3 actually use their data. This trust applies to all hardware and games. However, some fanboys do not seem to possess this kind of consistency in their thinking. For example, when PS3's sales  is higher from NDP, they would scream for ioi to adjust the number up, but when NPD claims that VC sales is lower, the same people would say NPD undertracks the game ...

You just described fanboy logic.

Same thing with Media Create vs. Famitsu numbers, they will pick whichever one makes their system of choice look better.

Back on topic, wow @ NSMB, can't believe the sales!

So much truth in these quotes.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Oh,no...FF XIII...

outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
ZuZayLi said: 
I'm expecting in the future a Taiko no Tatsujin PS3 with downloadable songs!

Doubtful.  The PSP games didn't sell well (neither broke 100k iirc) and the last peripheral based PS3 game from Namco (Time Crisis 4) bombed hard.  Taiko's new home is DS/Wii, I don't see that changing.  They'll probably do a Wii game with DLC in the future though.

One Namco series I do see migrating to PS3 in the future is The Idolm@ster.  Seems like a perfect fit really, would probably do 200k+.

Especially with the DLC selling so well on the 360, I'm sure they could also have some success on the PS3.

Yeah, it's doing really well on the PSP im@s too.  I could see the franchise on Wii too, but PS3 seems like a better fit since it's more "Otaku" and less "casual".  Similar to Tales, and rather unlike Taiko.  

I think we'll also see Tekken 6 migrate to Wii next year, though moreso for western markets.  Probably based on the PSP rev, but with online play/DLC added back in.  And maybe even with a Nintendo character cameo (a la SC2).

I'd like to see Point Blank on Wii.  I dunno if it'll happen though, Namco's dropped Gun.com3 support basically but there's may be some pride issues in the way of them shifting to lightgunners for Wii.  It'd be like admitting failure.

What are the Famitsu console sales numbers for that period? So did the Wii outsell the PS3 in Japan or was it the other way round for this week?

FFXIII dropped from 1.5 million down to around 200,000 sales in one week. 85% drop in sales for that game and should drop off the radar very soon. FFXIII only in 4th position for its second week.

numonex said:
What are the Famitsu console sales numbers for that period? So did the Wii outsell the PS3 in Japan or was it the other way round for this week?

FFXIII dropped from 1.5 million down to around 200,000 sales in one week. 85% drop in sales for that game and should drop off the radar very soon. FFXIII only in 4th position for its second week.

what makes you think it sold 200k

mM
Around the Network

NSMB Wii n Tomodatchi monster
waiting for numbers

jarrod said:

Other interesting ltds...

- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Namco) --- 95,002 + 128,414 = 223,416

- Beautiful Katamari (Namco) --- 24,949 + 115,658 = 140,607

- Halo 3 (MGS) --- 83,696 + 25,508 = 116,204

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (SCE) --- 38,242 + 39,679 = 77,921

AC6, Katamari, COD4 and Valkyria all got amazing gains off their BEST/Platinum releases.  Kenzan and Mingol 5 are both actually fairly disappointing though imo, as both series tended to do dramatically better with their previous BEST releases on PS2/PSP (in some cases even doubling ltds).  Everything else did okay, except Samurai Dou 3 (which even had significant extra content added).

Well don't forget that last year's 360 holiday bundle was AC6/Katamari, so I'm sure that accounted for some of the increased sales. This year's holiday bundle has AC6 again and Lost Planet: Colonies.

@leo-j: He's probably referring to the Japan Preview estimate for FF13.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
jarrod said:

Other interesting ltds...

- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (Namco) --- 95,002 + 128,414 = 223,416

- Beautiful Katamari (Namco) --- 24,949 + 115,658 = 140,607

- Halo 3 (MGS) --- 83,696 + 25,508 = 116,204

- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (SCE) --- 38,242 + 39,679 = 77,921

AC6, Katamari, COD4 and Valkyria all got amazing gains off their BEST/Platinum releases.  Kenzan and Mingol 5 are both actually fairly disappointing though imo, as both series tended to do dramatically better with their previous BEST releases on PS2/PSP (in some cases even doubling ltds).  Everything else did okay, except Samurai Dou 3 (which even had significant extra content added).

Well don't forget that last year's 360 holiday bundle was AC6/Katamari, so I'm sure that accounted for some of the increased sales. This year's holiday bundle has AC6 again and Lost Planet: Colonies.

@leo-j: He's probably referring to the Japan Preview estimate for FF13.

Eh, given the history of both Japanese 360 sales and Japanese bundle sales, I'd wager that they accounted for less than 50k.  Still a sizable amount most likely, but not near the majority.

leo-j said:
numonex said:

what makes you think it sold 200k 

Yeah your right it may even be well under 200k

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

To those who say The Source predicted 200,000 for FFXIII, actually the Japan preview numbers were 205,000 , with a low end of 184,000 and a high end of 226,000 . Not including hardware bundles.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin