By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shiggy gives a different reason for no online in NSMBWii

RolStoppable said:
Nobody needs local multiplayer. I predict that sales of this game will start to drop sharply soon after the holidays and in one year we will not even remember that it exists.

Just cut it out, seriously.

Around the Network

^^^^ agree

BTW, this doesn't mean his claim of NSMBWii pushing the system is false (still no hard numbers proof of how the game runs on the system, either from him or anyone else). He refers to when they decided not to include it, and thus where the development whent.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If Wii had a camera, or at the very least a practical voice interface for online, it'd make a lot more sense to have online multiplayer. WiiSpeak is lousy. My friends make me turn it off because they find it too distracting when we play online. We end up using phone instead.

NSMBW online with no way to communicate with your friends would not be very fun at all. It'd be little different to playing with an AI partner.

I wouldn't play this game online... the whole fun is in messing up and getting in the way of each other, which would only be frustration online, but fun IRL.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
This is unrelated, but let me tell you a story.....

Last week, I went with my friend to Blockbuster, to see what 360 games they had that he could play locally with his GF.

Looked for 20 minutes and found none. He then told me he was seriously considering trading in his 360 for a Wii to compensate.

Last year, a 360 is all he wanted, but that is because the only one who would play it. If you have more than 1 friend willing to play videogames with you, a game with local multiplayer is key. NSMB would be unused by me if I bought the game. I'd rather play with my friends and family. That's just me.

He must not have looked very hard.

Re5, Forza 3 for example both have local multiplayer..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
SaviorX said:
This is unrelated, but let me tell you a story.....

Last week, I went with my friend to Blockbuster, to see what 360 games they had that he could play locally with his GF.

Looked for 20 minutes and found none. He then told me he was seriously considering trading in his 360 for a Wii to compensate.

Last year, a 360 is all he wanted, but that is because the only one who would play it. If you have more than 1 friend willing to play videogames with you, a game with local multiplayer is key. NSMB would be unused by me if I bought the game. I'd rather play with my friends and family. That's just me.

He must not have looked very hard.

Re5, Forza 3 for example both have local multiplayer..

Don't think those are the kind his GF would like.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

nordlead said:
I'm actually more shocked that he didn't tell them the truth this time.

It is because Nintendo can't handle skirt physics online. A player on one side of the world would see the skirt flipping up on the front, while the other players might see it flipping up on the back. This would totally screw up character interactions, so they had to remove both online and skirts.

haha. Very funny. Well done

Local play > internet play in all situations IMO. If I played WoW I would even rather have my friends over for a LAN WoW party instead of playing online. You should not be buying NSMBW for multiplayer if you lack real life friends anyway.

NSMBW is better to play with friends locally, that way if they jump on your head and dump you into the lava you can land a friendly punch to their shoulder :D.

specialops787 said:
Local play > internet play in all situations IMO. If I played WoW I would even rather have my friends over for a LAN WoW party instead of playing online. You should not be buying NSMBW for multiplayer if you lack real life friends anyway.

NSMBW is better to play with friends locally, that way if they jump on your head and dump you into the lava you can land a friendly punch to their shoulder :D.

lol at the Wow statement...

You must not have a lot of Wow experience.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !