By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The next generation of consoles?

dunno001 said:
pterodactyl said:

I think Nintendo will end up winning the next gen. They just know how to innovate and make money, and they've been doing it for decades. MS will come in second with the XBox 720 (if that's what they decide to call it). I think Sony will replace a PS4, but that will be their last console. Hopefully, Apple will enter the industry, and if they do, I think they'll end up pushing Sony and, in the long run, Microsoft out.

But then again, I may just be talking out of my ass.

I've been seeing a lot of people wanting Apple to enter the console market. I'll be honest, I really don't think it'll happen. Apple did it once before, with Bandai- a little system known as the Pippin. I also would not be surprised if the majority of you had not heard of this, which shows its success. I've also heard (though can't confirm) that Steve Jobs is not a big fan of games. I think that even the iPhone probably got more into gaming than he really wanted to...

Apple was a different company back then, not the consumer juggernaut it is now. Look at the iPhone, the iPod, and the new Macs. Since 2000, Apple has taken three different markets by storm. I'm pretty sure that, if they were to go into the game console business, they could do it again. Consumers would eat it up just like they ate up the Wii.

Around the Network

I don't know what to say about the OP... 360 outdated? PS3 with the ultimate graphics? Wii-2 with the lead that the wii has?

No... just no...

We won't see the current gen of consoles going anywhere anytime soon. start thinking about this in 2013.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I don't know what to say about the OP... 360 outdated? PS3 with the ultimate graphics? Wii-2 with the lead that the wii has?

No... just no...

We won't see the current gen of consoles going anywhere anytime soon. start thinking about this in 2013.

Finally someone says it!

Sony and MS are going to play wait and see with Nintendo, but the problem is that the graphics won't WOW anybody IMO the HD systems graphics can improve yes but nowhere near from last GEN to this GEN, they HAVE TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX OR COPY NINTENDO that's they're only options at this point.

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

we wont see the PS4 or next xbox till at least 2012 or may be 2013
by then the PS3 will be 6 years old and the 360 7 years

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Definitely it will replace DVD players

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network

*tagged

Next gen, I want an Ultra Nintendo Entertainement System.

I LOVE ICELAND!

beast024 said:

Who thinks that when the wii 2 and xbox 720 come out the ps4 won't be released? I mean the hardware in wii was outdated when it was released and the hardware for the 360 is starting to ge old. The ps3 was way ahead of it's time when it was released. It already has blu ray and a cell processor. It's the most powerful of all current gen systems by a long shot.

No it's not.

The PS3 is only 20% faster than the X360, while the Xbox 3 will be about 20 times faster (=2000% faster) than the PS3 when it launches in 2012.

The PS3 grafix will look outdated the moment Xbox 3 launches.

All the MIGHTY CELL PROCESSOR, the blast processing of this generation.

Slimebeast said:
beast024 said:

Who thinks that when the wii 2 and xbox 720 come out the ps4 won't be released? I mean the hardware in wii was outdated when it was released and the hardware for the 360 is starting to ge old. The ps3 was way ahead of it's time when it was released. It already has blu ray and a cell processor. It's the most powerful of all current gen systems by a long shot.

No it's not.

The PS3 is only 20% faster than the X360, while the Xbox 3 will be about 20 times faster (=2000% faster) than the PS3 when it launches in 2012.

The PS3 grafix will look outdated the moment Xbox 3 launches.

Ps3 20% faster than the 360? got a link to your source?

Thee PS3 and 360 are basically on par with each other, the 360 has a better GPU and memory setup while the PS3 has a better CPU, it evens them both out in the end.