By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I agree KZ2 is more fun online for me. I havent played SP of MW2 yet.

Around the Network

I liked KZ2 more than I did MW1, so I assume I would like it more than MW2 since it's not really that different. I think people like MW2 more because of the controls and how the character you use moves. In realism, KZ2 has a huge edge over MW2. In CoD games these guys move and turn 360 in split seconds and their gear seems to be made out of feathers. The weight and movement in KZ2 is far more realistic and actually has an impact in the game. In KZ2 being alone usually means you will die.

In other words, KZ2 was a more fresh experience for me and I loved it. The CoD series is more of the same, rehashed over and over again.

Cons in KZ2 for me were lack of split screen and online co-op would have been great.

coolestguyever said:
dharh said:
coolestguyever said:
What's with all the Modern Warfare 2 hate in this thread anyways?

Okay I get its kind of a noob game (noob tube, rocket launchers, etc) and campers run rampant but you can't blame IW for that; you can only blame the people playing.

IW did there best to make good maps, tons of new killstreak bonuses, some new guns, new attachments for guns, new camos, titles/emblems, prestige rewards, etc. I admit its sort of Modern Warfare 1.5 but it is a lot improved over CoD4.

I most certainly can and will blame IW for the campers. Two simple fixes would make camping useless, but i'm beginning to wonder if they are going to do it. 

Just for interests sake what are the 2 fixes? You can't just say there are 2 and then not name them. Lol

I'll try and think of some ideas, I have none now.

Dynamic spawn points and limited invulnerability after spawn. The dynamic spawn point is the obvious better fix as the limited invulnerability is kinda lame and old school. A third option is to create a spawn point that cannot be accessed by the enemy, but since the maps are already made this would require remaking the maps.

@nightsurge,

Dunno why anyone would even think of this as a possible solution. The reverse however, moving the spawnpoint (not the spawn camper), is a perfectly viable solution.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

still loving kz2, though i only played PC version of mw2.

what i love about kz2, the lack of autoaim = noobs hate the controls so they don't play.

I like aspects of both. I haven't actually played MW2, but I don't imagine that it's changed much since MW1.

If I really had to choose, I'd pick Killzone 2. It aggravated me less than MW1 did.

Around the Network

no, Killzone 2 was boring.

I agree KZ2 >> MW2 even in gameplay.

I agree, KZ2 is better than MW2 but it doesn't mean MW2 is bad, both are excellent games.

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect

wholikeswood said:
Squilliam said:

Killzone 2 is flawed. It sacrifices gameplay for graphics and thats a nono for me. MW2 is the opposite in that they sacrafice graphics for gameplay and they crush Killzone 2 where it counts this generation and thats with multiplayer on account of the smooth controls alone.

If you want a game which looks good buy Killzone 2.

If you want a game which plays amongst the best buy Modern Warfare 2.

preferences aside the multiplayer in MW2 is objectively better.

You talk as if KZ2's multiplayer is all graphics and no gameplay, when in fact both components are excellent - indeed, subjectively speaking since it's opinion that counts to someone, not trying to distill it all in the forms of hard "facts", I rate Killzone 2's multiplayer as the superior experience. MW2 is full of glitchers and bastards (campers, spawn-rapists, etc) whereas KZ2 is fresher and has a really compelling experience/progress system.

I talk as if MW2 has measureably better framerate, latency and fan engagement. I talk as if both series released on the PS3 but only one of them had legs simply due to the qualities which cannot be metered out on a low quality 24-30FPS internet video but can be conveyed if you show your friend what an awesome game MW1 is.

Tease.

I totally disagree.