By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:
Quoting myself from another topic:

I for one am REALLY REALLY happy with the MW2 numbers. Serves those idiots at Activision right. I certainly hope it got pirated more than it sold on the PC.

Before anyone says "ZOMG PC PIRACY!!111eleven" notice that all top 5 of the games on the PC sucked the big one hard, except maybe the Sims, which probably sold more than Thriller....

I just don't get this philosophy, are all your brains hurting?

If you are against the product, you could be happy that it doesn't sell well.

Why are you happy that it has been pirated?

Do you want every politician you don't want to vote to be shot or do you just don't give him your vote?

@BladeofGod

MW2 was utter shit. It was basically a direct console port with nothing else for the PC, in other words shit, it deserved to be pirated hell of a lot more than it already has and sold many many millions less.

So a console port is not good enough for PC gamers? They want MW2 PC version to be better than console versions, but they're still gonna pirate the crap out of it as usual?

Typicall PC gamer arrogance

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

I for one am REALLY REALLY happy with the MW2 numbers. Serves those idiots at Activision right. I certainly hope it got pirated more than it sold on the PC.

Before anyone says "ZOMG PC PIRACY!!111eleven" notice that all top 5 of the games on the PC sucked the big one hard, except maybe the Sims, which probably sold more than Thriller....

Do you want every politician you don't want to vote to be shot or do you just don't give him your vote?

@BladeofGod

MW2 was utter shit. It was basically a direct console port with nothing else for the PC, in other words shit, it deserved to be pirated hell of a lot more than it already has and sold many many millions less.

So a console port is not good enough for PC gamers? They want MW2 PC version to be better than console versions, but they're still gonna pirate the crap out of it as usual?

Nah the funny thing is that it is 'uter shit' so they pirate it.

You would think that if a game was that bad people would stay away from it but nope.

So either it isn't that bad, or a lot of PC owners like poop.......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

Nah the funny thing is that it is 'uter shit' so they pirate it.

You would think that if a game was that bad people would stay away from it but nope.

So either it isn't that bad, or a lot of PC owners like poop.......

I'm sure the SP is fine to PC gamers, my brother liked it at least, he didn't buy it, and he also said he'd never touch the shit that is IW.net. It's the MP that's the problem, the MP that's shit by PC standards, the portion that people would be spending the most time on, that people don't care for atm, therefore, won't pay for. It's a very simple logic really. Would I pay 60 bucks for a 5-6 hour FPS these days? NO. BUT, BUT! If I did play FPS mainly on consoles, I'd think the game is just fine, that's the difference.

BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

It's not arrogance, the PC gamer expectations just aren't so low any shitty game can be passed off as good. It's a problem with the console gamers, not the PC gamers.

If he game had been solf for the amount of money i was worth, $10-$15, then I bet there would have been a lot less pirated copies.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

It's not arrogance, the PC gamer expectations just aren't so low any shitty game can be passed off as good. It's a problem with the console gamers, not the PC gamers.

If he game had been solf for the amount of money i was worth, $10-$15, then I bet there would have been a lot less pirated copies.

lol you don't have to be aggressive about it =P it's more like consoles have limitations and now is effecting PC FPS gaming when PC gamers are used to higher standards with online multiplayer(still the best for online mp by a long shot.) I really hate how slow FPS are these days, you don't even need good reflexes anymore when devs are being console centric, it's a let down.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

lol you don't have to be aggressive about it =P it's more like consoles have limitations and now is effecting PC FPS gaming when PC gamers are used to higher standards with online multiplayer(still the best for online mp by a long shot.) I really hate how slow FPS are these days, you don't even need good reflexes anymore when devs are being console centric, it's a let down.

Po-ta-toe, Po-tah-to. It's still higher and lower standards for games.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Squilliam said:
shio said:
Ail said:

The truth is Acitivision is hidding the real number of PC sales as they are using those profit to fund their secret operations in Area 51.............

There's no reasoning with Shio, don't even try he lives in his own special world( where every game on PC sells million units, piracy has no effect on companies profit at all and billions of games are sold every year on Steam).

Good for you, you just reached douchebag status. You aren't able to post a good counter-argument, so you resort to insults.

Please refute the fact that:

- Call of Duty 4 dominated Steam, D2D and Retail Top Charts for months
- Stalker didn't perform anywhere near COD4 in top charts, but still sold over 2 millions
- Crysis didn't perform anywhere near COD4 in top charts, but still sold 1.5 million in it's first six months

Crysis: Bundled with every enthusiast graphics card for a LONG time.

Stalker: Sold because it was too buggy and people needed the latest patch to play.

Call of Duty 4: just sold well.

How does a game sell by being buggy?! Having bugs will cause the opposite, damaging word-of-mouth and sales in the long run.

True that Crysis no doubt sold alot bundled with GPUs, but I don't think it was bundled any longer than COD4 was - Crysis Warhead did come out much sooner than World at War did, which probably affected the bundling with GPUs.

IActually, I forgot about the bundled sales of COD4 with GPUs, which would give a few more sales to COD4.

Again, my point was that both Stalker and Crysis did not do anywhere near COD4 in top charts, yet both are probably over 2 millions and maybe even trying to get to 3 millions each. How would the figures of COD4 compare to them?

vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

Oh is that so?

Well than, i hope developers can focus more of their ''shitty'' console ports and give us, console gamers, more of their ''shitty'' games and forget about making any games for PC.

BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
BladeOfGod said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

Oh is that so?

Well than, i hope developers can focus more of their ''shitty'' console ports and give us, console gamers, more of their ''shitty'' games and forget about making any games for PC.

Don't worry devs will be making those "shitty" Wii games next generation and won't give a damn about you either.

Wii is pretty awesome imo.....