By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The "I own this game" button

Sweet! nice feature :)

Around the Network
Quilex said:

Has anyone else added games that don’t show on the profile I have added the Battlefield series for PC and Star wars Battle front but although I am listed as an owner they are not on my profile?

A lot of those do not have boxart.  Someone will have to upload the boxart for it to appear on your profile...someone like you?  It's an easy and quick process.  Find the boxart image, go to the game listing, hit "edit this game" and upload.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Less than 100 games I own :(

elprincipe said:
Quilex said:

Has anyone else added games that don’t show on the profile I have added the Battlefield series for PC and Star wars Battle front but although I am listed as an owner they are not on my profile?

A lot of those do not have boxart. Someone will have to upload the boxart for it to appear on your profile...someone like you? It's an easy and quick process. Find the boxart image, go to the game listing, hit "edit this game" and upload.

Well, the thing worked, I add a lot of PC games+  boxarts.

@IOI any new statistic you wanna share with us?

Thanks, that’s the answer the box art is missing for all the games that don't show. I don't have enough posts to edit. I read the forums a lot but don't post much. I will try to speak up and get those boxes added.

Around the Network
Quilex said:

Thanks, that’s the answer the box art is missing for all the games that don't show. I don't have enough posts to edit. I read the forums a lot but don't post much. I will try to speak up and get those boxes added.

Just send me a link to the boxart and the name of the game (+console) , I'll edit it for you.

I have owned probably about 70 ish games, in my profile i have 48 (which is all the N64/GC and Wii games i owned...except one... which is F1 World GP 2 (only the first is in the database)

the number of games that i currently own is 6 Wii, 11 GC (sold 3) and erm, about 12-15 N64 games....so 29-33.

I just added F1WGP2, how long does it take to add (and i assume we have to wait till it is up properly to add boxart etc)

ok seriously, why can some people (me included) not upload images.

I took it from amazon...copied it into photoshop, saved it as a JPEG --- didn't work.
I saved it as a PNG --- didn't work.
I hosted it on imageshack as a JPEG, tried both the "direct link to image" and "show image" codes --- neither worked.
I made the JPEG smaller (49kb from 150) --- didn't work.

I am using IE, though why that should stop me uploading images i don't know.

Can someone either explain to me how to do it, or else find F1 World GP 2 on amazon (N64) and upload the pic for me please. (also if anyone knows the release dates add them too)

edit; here is the image i used - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B00004VX13/sr=1-8/qid=1194966236043/ref=dp_image_0/203-5850673-8791115?ie=UTF8&n=300703&s=videogames&qid=1194966236043&sr=1-8

TWRoO said:

ok seriously, why can some people (me included) not upload images.

I took it from amazon...copied it into photoshop, saved it as a JPEG --- didn't work.
I saved it as a PNG --- didn't work.
I hosted it on imageshack as a JPEG, tried both the "direct link to image" and "show image" codes --- neither worked.
I made the JPEG smaller (49kb from 150) --- didn't work.

I am using IE, though why that should stop me uploading images i don't know.

Can someone either explain to me how to do it, or else find F1 World GP 2 on amazon (N64) and upload the pic for me please. (also if anyone knows the release dates add them too)

edit; here is the image i used - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B00004VX13/sr=1-8/qid=1194966236043/ref=dp_image_0/203-5850673-8791115?ie=UTF8&n=300703&s=videogames&qid=1194966236043&sr=1-8

I just go to gamefaqs search the game. Click with the right mouse button, I save it on my computer.

Then I go to the game on VG gamedatabase.  => Edit boxart => and then I choose the image that I saved on my computer => press upload and there it is .