By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Resort could learn a thing or two from Wii Fit plus.

Wii_Master said:
maykissthebride said:
Pyro as Bill said:
WSR has a luxury tennis court but the dog has taken the tennis balls.

i feel glad they at least explained that in the game.

really they say that in the game?? When? I have WSR but never noticed it....

I don't have WSR yet but I'm pretty sure maykissthebride was being sarcastic.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Wii_Master said:
maykissthebride said:
Pyro as Bill said:

you mean Pyro as Bill was being sarcastic as well....

Maybe but i don't think they said it in a sarcastic way cause if they did they probably would have put like a :p after it.

so could anyone who has the game tell me...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

I bought my Wii used...........so I don't own Wii Sports. I've only played it once................

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wii_Master said:
d21lewis said:
Wii_Master said:
maykissthebride said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Maybe but i don't think they said it in a sarcastic way cause if they did they probably would have put like a :p after it.

During the Air Sports flyover, when you collect the tennis court badge thingy. It really says the balls are missing. I guess it was the dogs after all!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

If they did that, people would accuse them of putting out the same game over and over.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

That can be easily explained. Nintendo have released titles called Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Power Tennis, and Punch Out. However they have no released golf or bowling games. Why potentially take sales away from them.

Although I find that a great explanation others may not so it might just have been a choice by the developers.

Wii_Master said:
d21lewis said:
Wii_Master said:
maykissthebride said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Island flyover near the tennis courts. The i symbol says the dog has taken the balls.

Edit: Bazmeister got there first.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

stof said:

It's an awesome game. A bloody awesome so much fun too cool for school game.

That said, why didn't it contain all the content (with new controls) that was in Wii Sports? Why is it that we get improved golf and bowling but no tennis, boxing or baseball? Why don't we get all the same training excercises we had in Wii Sports? Can you imagine how awesome tennis target practice would be with the M+? How amazing Boxing could have been if instead of the wiimote and nunchuck, you used two wiimotes with M+ attatched!?

This bizzare omission manages to qualify Wii Sports Resort as simultaneously the best game of the year and the biggest disappointment. What luxury resort doesn't have a tennis court!?

discuss.

Tennis: it has table tennis... essentially the same game anyway.

Boxing: I was going to mention the no nunchuck motion plus thing, but you suggested the two Wiimotes thing.... and tbh I don't understand why this hasn't been used in a game yet (any game that could have 1 player using two remotes... not just WSR)

Baseball: Because it's a terrible excuse for a game.
Or it could be that it's just too difficult when you have to aim your swing as well... In Wii Sports you don't do any aiming at all, the entire batting mechanic relies on your timing and speed of swing... for it to NEED WM+ you would have to start aiming, which would in fact have to slow down the game to the pace of golf... if you notice, in WM+ golf (Tiger Woods 10... I haven't played WSR golf but I imagine it is similar) you do have increased accuracy etc with WM+, but you still can't accidentally top the ball like you might in real golf (assuming you are as useless as me) you are still aided in your swing.
With a swing aid, WM+ baseball would be exactly the same as in Wii Sports... without the aid, it would be incredibly difficult.

All that about baseball is just a guess though.

They probably didn't want to make Wii Sports completely obsolete.

Exactly ^^

It's obviously a marketing ploy. If every mini-game from WS was in WSR there would be no reason at all to continue production of WS. As it stands, the game serves as a small introduction to the world of motion that's capable with the Wii. If people enjoy that basic product, they can upgrade to the more complex WSR.

It's all about the game.