By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Resort could learn a thing or two from Wii Fit plus.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
They probably didn't want to make Wii Sports completely obsolete.

But they practically made it completely obsolete. The whole point of Motion plus is to improve the motion sensing abilities of the wiimote. Because it wasn't good enough. So now that you've dramatically improved the controls, and showcase it with a sequel to Wii Sports that includes two of the games outright and offers a near variant of the third, why not go that tiny extra bit and add the other two and a half sports?

To those that say it's because the individual sports just don't lend themselves to motion or aren't as fun... The game has cycling, rowing, basketball and archery. Any game can be made to work with M+. ESPECIALLY games that were already made with motion control. 

More importantly, why not make Wii Sports completely obsolete? It's not like the game even sells separately outside of Japan. No one is going to feel ripped off that the free game that came with their system has been improved upon in a different game. That's practically the case already and I don't hear anyone complaining about it. 

More importantly, leaving those three games (and some awesome training excercises) out of Sports Resort makes it harder if Nintendo decides down the line to phase out Wii Sports and offer Resort and M+ as standard with the Wii. The bundle in Europe they offered has both discs. Why have a system sell with two dvds that offer some of the same games with differing controls when you can just have one game that does it all?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
They probably didn't want to make Wii Sports completely obsolete.

But they practically made it completely obsolete. The whole point of Motion plus is to improve the motion sensing abilities of the wiimote. Because it wasn't good enough. So now that you've dramatically improved the controls, and showcase it with a sequel to Wii Sports that includes two of the games outright and offers a near variant of the third, why not go that tiny extra bit and add the other two and a half sports?

To those that say it's because the individual sports just don't lend themselves to motion or aren't as fun... The game has cycling, rowing, basketball and archery. Any game can be made to work with M+. ESPECIALLY games that were already made with motion control. 

More importantly, why not make Wii Sports completely obsolete? It's not like the game even sells separately outside of Japan. No one is going to feel ripped off that the free game that came with their system has been improved upon in a different game. That's practically the case already and I don't hear anyone complaining about it. 

More importantly, leaving those three games (and some awesome training excercises) out of Sports Resort makes it harder if Nintendo decides down the line to phase out Wii Sports and offer Resort and M+ as standard with the Wii. The bundle in Europe they offered has both discs. Why have a system sell with two dvds that offer some of the same games with differing controls when you can just have one game that does it all?

I think it would be a wonderful idea to have all the original Wii Sports games with WM+ functionality or original function, for those that don't have enough WM+, and then replaces Wii Sports with WSR in the Wii package and offer it for 200.  Sales could be explosive.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Wii fit plus is awesome and does everything right.
Wii sports resort does not because they added new stuff but took away all that made the first game fun.