By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Moving onto next gen consoles - Which will be immediate purchases?

kowenicki said:
By the way I dont see any system launching with a mega game release i.e. xbox with halo4.

Has that ever happened?

Wii Sports, Super Mario World.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

I usually never buy consoles at launch always wait at least a couple of month or longer the closest I got a console to launch was the Sega Dreamcast. I bought Soul Calibur at launch and the Dreamcast a couple days later. If I buy a console at launch for the next generation I probably will not open it and try to sell it at a profit on Ebay and then wait a couple of month and use my profits to buy the console again and a couple of games.

I will be holding of for the first real price cut and cheap back catalogue to develop.

Really I just want them to keep working on PS3 and 360. I have not seen anything on PC that is that far ahead to require a new console generation.

kowenicki said:
Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:
By the way I dont see any system launching with a mega game release i.e. xbox with halo4.

Has that ever happened?

I meant an anticipated sequel to a very established franchise.

Like I said, Super Mario World....

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I'll probably get the next Nintendo system within the first six months at least. Next nintendo handheld will definitely be a first day though as they never disappoint.

Around the Network

Playstation 4, but not until its $299 or less.

I'll only buy the Wii 2 if it gets hardcore games like Grand Theft Auto and Modern Warfare. I'd probably buy it at $200 or less (because I'll have already bought a PS4 and I have a limited budget)

I don't see why I'd buy the Next Xbox if I buy a PS4. I barely like any of the exclusives Microsoft has.

Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:
Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:

Has that ever happened?

Well the biggest launch game EVAR!!! has to be Super Mario 64 on N64.  I think the only other game out was Pilotwings

Tallgeese101 said:
Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:
Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:

Has that ever happened?

Well the biggest launch game EVAR!!! has to be Super Mario 64 on N64.  I think the only other game out was Pilotwings

Mario 64 might have been the biggest but Soul Calibur was the best.  Even though technically it isn't a true lauch game since it wasn't available at the Japanese lauch of the Dreamcast.

I don't buy consoles at launch, I'd like to wait for potential hardware issues to be fixed and a decent library to build up. PS4 is a guaranteed purchase, Xbox 720 most likely will be too.

Stay on PC and lurk in the darkness to see the outcome of consoles, which is what I did this gen too.