By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Moving onto next gen consoles - Which will be immediate purchases?

kowenicki said:
Demotruk said:
kowenicki said:
By the way I dont see any system launching with a mega game release i.e. xbox with halo4.

Has that ever happened?

Wii Sports, Super Mario World.

I meant an anticipated sequel to a very established franchise.

Super NES, Dreamcast, and N64 are the only three i can think of, with Super Mario World, Sonic Adventure, and Super Mario 64 respectively. Halo and Wii Sports were huge launch games, but both original properties that kinda took people by surprise, and other consoles have had historically rather weak launches (Genesis, Saturn, every PlayStation, 360, GameCube)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I'll get the wii 2 when the big nintendo games come out. No need to rush

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Isn't anyone gonna wait and see what the systems are like? everyone is buying based on companies

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

As much as I hate launch hardware and software lineups I'm prolly gonna have to pick up the next XBox at launch as long as It has BC and some sort of beefy warranty to purchase/option so I don't have a RROD few months down the road.

It's just that simple.

NunedQ said:
Isn't anyone gonna wait and see what the systems are like? everyone is buying based on companies

I don't think that the next mario game is going to be on the ps4

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

The next Xbox.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

PS4 I'll buy it within it's first year of launch if it has two of these three things.

Backwards comp. With PS1,PS2,PS3
Is Under $399.99
Blu-Ray
A strong JRPG or Action game in it's launch line-up, I hated being bombarded with FPS during the first few years of this gen.

I'll buy MS console second and the Nintendo's, just like I did last gen and this gen

ps4 a year after release.

At launch? None.

I'll likely get one home console. Likely either from Nintendo or Sony.
I'll likely get one handheld system if it also works as a GPS. If not, I'll look for something that works as a GPS and plays games.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I'll probably but Sony's next home console but only when it gets its first must-buy game. And that's only if I like the console enough. I have no problem with sticking to my PC.